Walks on Symi book

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Re: Walks on Symi book

Postby Pollychops » 23 Aug 2017, 21:40

Today whilst moving from my seated position at my desk, I experienced a sharp pain in my left calf muscle and was left in a pile on the floor. After some first aid treatment and an ice pack on my calf I was seen by a local physio. The result is I have a severe strain and small tear on the Gastrocnemius muscle. I have never experienced pain like this before and I am now laid up and having to use crutches to move around. This has thrown a spanner in the works for our holiday. It starts on Friday with five days in North Norfolk then to Symi next Wednesday. The intention was for a walking weekend on the Norfolk coastline then for me to do some walking on Symi with Kim chilling out. Its been a very difficult afternoon and have to keep the leg at rest and hope for some recovery. The walking is certainly out of the question however, the trip to Norfolk will be more relaxed and the Symi trip will still go ahead even on crutches albeit restricted. We have discussed leaving Symi till later this year but we don't have the availability to do this so at this point I hope there will be some improvement by the middle of next week. Big disappointment.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Allan » 23 Aug 2017, 22:28

Ouch! :o

I'm really sorry to hear about your injury Pollychops.

Pleased to hear that you're still intending to get to Symi though and perhaps you'll find that you can enjoy a more sedentary holiday just as much as your planned walking one. Personally, I find that sitting in a bar watching the world go by is a very pleasant way to pass a few hours.

I'll be there at around the same time as you and if I see a chap on crutches clutching a Symi walking map and looking extremely frustrated I'll be sure to buy him a drink. :D
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Pollychops » 24 Aug 2017, 20:18

Ha Ha, the visit will be enjoyed and hope to be mobile enough to visit the usual watering holes. Certainly will take a drink from you.....it would be rude not too and obviously return the compliment. Feeling less disappointed today after the initial shock but will certainly be there.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Previous

Return to Symi Chat