Nimporio

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Nimporio

Postby soustas » 11 Jul 2017, 08:37

Hi all,

ill stay at Nimporio on august.I learned that i cannt take the bus to symi from nimporio and the only option is a taxi.So i would like to ask how much the taxi is gonna cost to take me to Symi.Is it a fix price?Is it an alternative?
Also is it a ship from Rhodes to Symi on Sunday evenings(August)?Or other smaller ships that do the route?

Thanx,
Panos
soustas
Starting Visitor

Re: Nimporio

Postby Allan » 11 Jul 2017, 10:09

Hello Panos and welcome.

You are right, the bus doesn't go to Nimporio so your only option is a taxi or you could walk (it isn't too far). I've never used a taxi on that route but judging by other journeys on Symi I'd expect it to cost 4-5 Euros but that is a guess, other poster her may have more accurate information.

All the taxis have meters so you won't be over-charged although they may prefer to fix the price with you before you set off. Just ask the driver.

I should warn you though that taxis can't get right down to the very bottom of Nimporio because the road isn't suitable. It's unlikely that your accommodation will be that far away but if it is you may have to walk to meet the taxi.

You may be in luck with the ferry situation. The Sea Dreams Symi ferry is scheduled to leave Akandia port in Rhodes Town arriving on Symi at 21.00 on Sundays up until September 10th. Have a look at the updated ferry schedule on our 'Noticebord' http://symiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2863
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SueO » 11 Jul 2017, 10:16

Hi Panos

Can't help with information about transport from Nimborio I'm afraid but Andy has published a really useful ferry timetable here...... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2863 which seems to indicate a Sunday evening ferry. I'm sure Andy will confirm in due course.

Just one thought regarding travel between Nimborio/Symi harbour - I believe the "tourist train" runs almost all the way to Nimborio. I've no idea if it runs on a time table or just when required but it might be a useful alternative to a taxi during the day. I'm afraid I've no idea how much it costs.

It's also possible to walk either "over the hill" or by the coast road and really isn't too far although probably rather hot during the day in August.

Have a great holiday on beautiful Symi.

SueO
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Pollychops » 11 Jul 2017, 12:34

You could like me, paddle round in a kayak.........on second thoughts I wouldn't recommend it. Enjoyable at the time with some scary moments I would stick to the terra firma.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Robert » 11 Jul 2017, 13:45

There is also a taxi boat mid morning and afternoon which will take you right to the end of the harbour in Yialos
Robert
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby soustas » 11 Jul 2017, 13:53

Thnx for the reply, you 've been a great help :)
@Pollychops if you borrow me your kayak :P
soustas
Starting Visitor

Postby Pollychops » 12 Jul 2017, 16:54

Soustas, if only I had the Kayak stored in Symi you could borrow it. It was only a lightweight inflatable which did the job perfectly and at times a little scary. I do know that Maria at the Taverna in Nimborio has a very old fashioned kayak but not sure if it would be sea worthy,maybe you could try it out when you visit.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Kon » 13 Jul 2017, 05:43

As for Taxis I always use Thannasi ,if you are there his number is 6946568731 ,he always helped us when we needed a lift .
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Symi Chat