Lidl Greek food and drink promotion

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Lidl Greek food and drink promotion

Postby Allan » 20 Apr 2017, 10:46

I just discovered that the Lidl Greek promotion started today (Thursday April 20th.) and lasts until the weekend or until stocks are sold.

Not wanting to miss out on potential bargains, I dashed out to our local store and came back with a nice stock of small Mythos in bottles for 99p each and a couple of 6-packs of the same stuff in cans at £4.49 per pack.

I don't have very high hopes for the Moschofilero white wine but I thought it was worth risking at £4.99. They also had a red, a Retsina, ouzo and a Samos sweet wine too but I didn't bother with those.

The usual selection of food items were there - dolmades, gigantes, octopus, that kind of stuff along with frozen Greek pastries.
Definitely worth a look if you have a Lidl store close by.
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Offers.htm?id=170&week=1

Img_3922.jpg
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lidl Greek food and drink promotion

Postby Fullenglish » 20 Apr 2017, 11:25

When my wife and I were in Symi last June we had a bottle of Samos sweet wine with our meal. Normally I would say ooh no not sweet wine with savoury food, but my wife only likes sweet wine so we ordered a bottle and to my surprise I actually liked it.

I wouldn't normally recommend that anyone order sweet wine with savoury food. Maybe it was the climate. However I would say that this is a delghtful dessert wine and would go well with the greek desserts and cakes they have. I'mlooking forward to drinking more of this when we go back this June.

Cheers!

Phil
Fullenglish
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Symi Chat