Question about Ouzos at Pachos

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Question about Ouzos at Pachos

Postby Thomasdk » 09 Oct 2016, 14:09

This year I had some Ouzos at Pachos and am still wondering, what was actually in the glass.
I was told the Ouzo was Mytilini and I've tried that, which didn't taste anywhere near as good as the one from Lesbos (my favorite, a bottle with a tall neck), but the one at Pachos was smooth somehow, soft or creamy without water in it, just icecubes.
Does anyone know what I mean and have an idea, what the extra ingredient could be? I'm thinking maybe Sambuca, but it's just a guess and would really like to recreate just a little of the same taste here at home.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Re: Question about Ouzos at Pachos

Postby Andy W » 09 Oct 2016, 17:20

Well Mytilini is one of the many different brands of ouzo produced on Lesbos, the world centre of ouzo distilling.
As you probably know Mytilini is the island capital for Lesbos, and there are at least five different distilleries there, with lots more scattered round the island, each with its own brandname.
I'll try and look at the bottle he's pouring from later in the week when I get to Symi.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Re: Question about Ouzos at Pachos

Postby Thomasdk » 09 Oct 2016, 22:00

I would be glad, if you could see which one it is then. :)
Still, I'm convinced something else is added, to give it sort of a creamy, round taste, unlike any Ouzo I've tasted before.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Symi Chat