CANNY WAIT

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

CANNY WAIT

Postby MrsMcS » 02 Sep 2016, 11:04

12 sleeps to go (well 13 before we get to Symi as overnighting in Rhodes!). Have been getting a wee Symi fix by watching the webcam and I canny wait to be back. Two years seems such a long time :D 8-)
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Re: CANNY WAIT

Postby Kojak » 03 Sep 2016, 14:13

I know what you mean Sandra. I missed last year completely due to a bad fall. Can't wait for 21st September for my Symi fix!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby KN9700 » 03 Sep 2016, 19:13

In one week we´ll be on Symi now ( 20.30 Symi time) and it´s twenty years since we were on Symi for the first time.

When we have had our room at Taxiarchis, we´ll rush down Kalistrada to Meraklis where we always have our first meal on Symi.

Before we go back to Taxiarchis we´ll look forward to have our night cap at Leftiris cafenion where we hope Yannis will serve us.

Almost two weeks on our favourite holiday spot has started with "same procedure as last year"!!

KN9700
Danish Symi-fan
KN9700
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Irene » 05 Sep 2016, 13:54

I'm off to Symi for my first visit on Wednesday 14th and I can't wait! I will be with my sister who has been going for years and is looking forward to showing off the delights of the island. My elder daughter is also joining us - husband thinks it would be too hot for him so we are having a girlie holiday! Reading through some posts in this site has really added to my excitement.
Irene
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby D and E » 06 Sep 2016, 10:08

MrsMcS wrote:12 sleeps to go (well 13 before we get to Symi as overnighting in Rhodes!). Have been getting a wee Symi fix by watching the webcam and I canny wait to be back. Two years seems such a long time :D 8-)

With you there 100% Only 3 weeks to go for us before we get our pre Winter Symi fix
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Allan » 06 Sep 2016, 16:57

Irene wrote:I'm off to Symi for my first visit on Wednesday 14th and I can't wait!

I'm pleased to hear you are looking forward to your first visit Irene and particularly happy that Symi Chat is helping you plan.
It sounds as if you have got your girly holiday well organised even though it's a lovely temperature temperature on Symi at the moment so not too hot for hubby after all! Too late to change now though. :D
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adam J » 07 Sep 2016, 21:21

Irene wrote:I'm off to Symi for my first visit on Wednesday 14th and I can't wait!

To begin with I hope I have done the quote thingy correct.........

My wife and I are also off to Symi for the first time in early October and also can't wait! We have been trying to get there for a couple of years but due to other commitments have never quite made it. This year we have managed it.

Great forum and we have found it really useful in terms of where to stay, what to do, where to eat and Andy W's excellent information on ferries!

Thinking that the Rainbow sounds good so might see one or two of you here for a swift beer or three..... :D
Adam J
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Allan » 10 Sep 2016, 10:10

Yes Adam you got the quote thing right. ;)

I'm pleased you found the forum helpful in planning your holiday and I'm sure you will enjoy your time on the island. I can certainly confirm that The Rainbow is the place to be if you are staying in Chorio. There is a good chance you will bump into some of our regular posters there and most of them are really quite well behaved. :D
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Symi Chat