Walk to St Emilianos

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Walk to St Emilianos

Postby Spartacus » 26 Aug 2016, 18:31

Before I start training can anyone tell me if there are any organised walks to meet Poseidon this year. It is a walk my wife and I always look forward to and hope to continue to do so on this years visit.
Spartacus
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Walk to St Emilianos

Postby SueO » 27 Aug 2016, 07:48

Hi Spartacus

Just in case no-one comes up with an answer for you, did you know that Yianis has a website? The Emilianos walk is mentioned but you could perhaps email him via the site for confirmation.

http://m.symi-excursions.gr/#_=_

We used to love that walk too. Sad to say that arthritic knees and general old age now makes it an impossibility. Never mind - we still can and do enjoy regular trips on the Poseidon. Roll on 14th September :D

On the subject of trip boats - I've heard there is now a third boat doing daily trips. Indeed, it can be seen moored up next to Lucas' taxi boats on the web-cam. Does anyone have any information or comments? I wouldn't have thought, with the general economic climate in Symi and elsewhere, that it was a good time to start up a new venture of this sort.

Sue
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Spartacus » 27 Aug 2016, 15:47

Thanks for that Sue, I shall check it out. We are going earlier this year arriving 3rd September so if we don't get to do the walk I shall have to make do with Yiannis 'No swim no Ouzo' philosophy but at least we should get a decent seat if the boat is busy. We usually have to fit in where we can after the walk but having said that people who allowed us to squeeze in alongside them are now friends and that is why we shall be on Symi earlier than usual to meet up with them.
No doubt you and your better half will be aboard Poseidon during your stay, I shall get Yiannis to restock!!!
Spartacus
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby SueO » 28 Aug 2016, 05:54

We too have made good friends on the Poseidon and the Triton before that - we shall be meeting up with three of them when we go.

Yes, please make sure Yiannis stocks up when you leave - with particular attention to the Ouzo and Retsina :evil:

Have a great holiday Sparticus!

Sue
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby JuliaB » 30 Aug 2016, 15:01

We arrive on the 14th . . . counting down the days now . . . and very much hope there'll be an excursion to St Emilianos. Perhaps if enough of us request it, it will have to run! ;)
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Symi Chat