New TV programme about Greece

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

New TV programme about Greece

Postby Allan » 03 Feb 2016, 12:06

I've enjoyed Simon Reeve's programmes on the BBC in the past so I'm really looking forward to this short series about Greece starting on Sunday 7th February at 8pm on BBC2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03gk69p

I don't know if Symi is featured in the programme or not but judging by the interview in the Telegraph Simon has something of a soft spot for the place:

You could do worse on Planet Earth than be born Greek. It is a magnificent place with good food, a wonderful climate and a close sense of community. It was my wife, Anya, who introduced me to the country. She has been going since she was a teenager – to an island called Symi, just north of Rhodes. We go there fairly regularly, once every two years. Arriving on the ferry is a thrill. You come into this glorious harbour, framed by neoclassical buildings. There is a local rule that states that all the buildings have to be neoclassical. It looks incredible: the finest harbour in Greece, maybe the Mediterranean.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New TV programme about Greece

Postby Gemma1 » 04 Feb 2016, 08:30

Thanks for the tip off Alan, I will set the series to record :)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Re: New TV programme about Greece

Postby D and E » 06 Feb 2016, 11:11

Clearly Allan, Simon Reeve is a man of impeccable taste in his travel destination and of considerable insight into the wonderful culture of the Greeks.

We will be glued.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Symi Chat