Looking for a lost video of Symi

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Looking for a lost video of Symi

Postby Thomasdk » 26 Dec 2015, 18:43

Hi.

I was hoping someone here, might have a saved copy of a youtube video, that a company out of Rhodes made. I've tried asking on facebook, in the Symi Friends group, but unfortunately without any luck.
The video is kind of pale looking colorwise and starts of with a boat arriving at Yialos. The music beats match the camera shifts, and I remember some footage of both a pizzaria, as well as Dino from Dinos Sponges.
It was removed from youtube, due to a copyright violation. Apparently the great soundtrack wasn't paid for. I've tried looking everywhere for this video, but no luck. Any chance anyone here has a copy of it? I have a few
favorite Symi videos, that brings me back to the island, when I can't be there myself, and this is one of a very few great videos. Anyway, hope one of you know which one I'm referring to and can help me. :)
Other than that, I should've joined this forum a long time ago, but better late than never. I've been to Symi about 8 times, I think, starting back in '92. It's hard to describe how much I miss the place, when I'm not there, but so far I'm watching videos, photos, blipfoto, flickr, reading blogs (mostly James' and Adrianas), everything I can get my hands on. Hoping to visit September 2016 to photograph a lot more (some of my photos can be seen at symi.dk, in case you're interested).
So, thanks for having me here & hope you're all well. :)

-Thomas from Denmark
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Re: Looking for a lost video of Symi

Postby Allan » 28 Dec 2015, 14:39

Hello Thomas and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry I can't think of the particular video you mean, there are so many videos about Symi! There is a very slight chance that it is still on YouTube because music copyright laws vary from country to country and YouTube sometimes set a video so it can't be viewed in certain countries but is still available in others.

Regular users of this forum will know exactly how you feel when you miss Symi. My fellow administrator refers to it as 'The Symi Blues' and I think that term sums it up perfectly.

I hope you do get back to the island next September to take more pictures for your excellent website. I've converted the address you gave into a link so people can simply click to view your pictures: http://www.symi.dk/
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Looking for a lost video of Symi

Postby Thomasdk » 28 Dec 2015, 23:30

Thank you for the welcome, as well as the tip about copyrights. I had no idea about this, maybe I can find it, using a different ip address then. :)
I'm sure I'll get to Symi in 2016, but everytime I visit, my stay is much too short. No one ever mentioned this problem, in the travel brochures..
Anyway, looking forward to visiting my favorite island tons of times before my time is up. My home away from home, as I know many people feel.
Well, I'm off to try to deceive Youtube and see if I can find my long lost video. :)
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Symi Chat