Best Beach

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Best Beach

Postby SamanthaF » 19 Jun 2006, 20:20

My favourite is a toss up between St Nicks and Nimborio. (Nimborio is a great hangover beach as the walk sorts you out. 8-) )

Whats yours?

Minister for Goats
SamanthaF
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Best Beach

Postby Richard » 19 Jun 2006, 20:54

Yes, the goats at Nimborio are definitely the best. One of them made an excellent stifado at Stratos'.
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Best Beach

Postby Sunshine » 19 Jun 2006, 22:02

...Hmm, 5 visits and yet I've never made it to Nimborio...this time...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Best Beach

Postby Sheila and Andrew » 19 Jun 2006, 22:11

We like Marathounda a lot - especially going on the Agios Nikolaos boat. Lots of goats there as well. Swimming and snorkelling excellent. Once got caught by a swarm of bees - dived under and swam underwater for 20 yards or so, popped up for air, the little sods had followed me. Don't tell me bees are dull. Oh and best meal has to be the epic 6 hour lunch we had at Manos several years ago whilst nursing hangovers and when Manos left us there with a misokilo of wine to finish off after he had closed for the afternoon. The people-watching was great but the fish was yummy. Nimborio also brill and Metapontis Taverna possibly the nicest location to have a plate of Symi shrimps whilst gazing across the flat calm of the bay.
Sheila and Andrew

Best Beach

Postby Allan » 19 Jun 2006, 22:13

A goat that can cook! Thats pretty neat :)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Best Beach

Postby symivisitor » 19 Jun 2006, 23:09

Beat me to it.. :!:
symivisitor
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Best Beach

Postby Kon » 20 Jun 2006, 02:45

I would like to try them all but so far saint Nicks is catching my eye ;)

ETHO KAI TORA
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Best Beach

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 20 Jun 2006, 04:03

Mine is St. Nicks and Ag. Marina although I have not seen the latter in its new make-over.
I like St. Nicks cos you can walk over from Pedi, its an easy walk now, years ago I had to put on my goat suit to clamber over the rocks.
On the way back you can linger at Pedi bars until the crowds thin out on the bus.
I used to spend hours talking to Fontini and his wife, Zelia who used to come over from Canada.
Anyone remember her?
I "banned" Nos years ago, dirty place, the toilets! Gawd struth!!
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Best Beach

Postby Sandra » 20 Jun 2006, 14:22

I think St Nicks is the best, it is really good for families and the goats are really amusing.
Sandra
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Best Beach

Postby christoph » 20 Jun 2006, 17:46

st.nickolas is very nice. a tiny tavern and courios goats.
only the big bees last september were not that funny.
christoph
Starting Visitor

Best Beach

Postby Trailer » 20 Jun 2006, 19:13

Hi Geoff. Seeing you posting here has encouraged me to 'join' despite not intending to! I see we've chosen the same avatar. (what a daft word)! What does that say then. :twisted:

Were we on about beaches? That's the problem with not being able to see the page you thought you were replying to. By the time you do, you've forgotten the subject. Anyway, Nimborio is our favourite. Quick trip around the corner on the boat, and sea, no-sand and beer all day! What more could you ask? 8-)

Don't much like this new format. Old one was much better! Oh well. here goes, hope it works!
Trailer
Visitor

Best Beach

Postby Ange » 20 Jun 2006, 20:57

Our favourite is the beach at St Vasilos. A walk there, then dip in the sea to cool down. A picnic of bread cheese and olives. Then the uphill slog back, we usually have the beach to ourselves and don't see a soul all the way there and back. Only manage it once a visit though, did it other week, because we heard there is plans to make a road to it (in the June Symi Visitor magazine.)It may be our last chance of our private beach!
Ange
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Best Beach

Postby SamanthaF » 20 Jun 2006, 21:16

Have the trees recovered (at St Nicks) from last year?

Minister for Goats
SamanthaF
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Best Beach

Postby Glen » 21 Jun 2006, 21:22

[quote="Trailer"]

Hi Geoff. Seeing you posting here has encouraged me to 'join' despite not intending to! I see we've chosen the same avatar. (what a daft word)! [/quote]

This prompted me to look it up and apparently it's a Hindu word mmeaning the earthly manifestation of a higher being. Quite apt really. :)
Glen
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Best Beach

Postby Trailer » 22 Jun 2006, 00:32

Does that put Snoopy in the realms of an earthly manifestation of a higher being then? There'll be no stopping him now!
Trailer
Visitor

Best Beach

Postby D and E » 25 Jun 2006, 22:03

Poor Nos - we used to laugh when the owner spent most of the day trundling back and forth with wheelbarrows of stones trying to stabilise the far end only to see the wash from the big mid-week ferry destroy his days labour - and his cursing - excellent !!
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Symi Chat