Irini Studios - Olympic

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Irini Studios - Olympic

Postby Lavinia » 27 Jun 2006, 19:36

Can anyone provide any detailed information on these studios?

There seems to be two 2 bed and four 2/3 bed. Which have the best views? Do they all have private balconies?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.
Lavinia
Starting Visitor

Irini Studios - Olympic

Postby Sunshine » 28 Jun 2006, 00:13

...The one we tried in 2003 was the upstairs front - 2 single beds and the best balcony view in Yialos! At the time I think that only the 2 upper studios were available. 90 steps up to the studios - it seems a lot but it is worth it. Try the main Symi Visitor page and look at Visitors Photos(page 13) for pictures of the views...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Irini Studios - Olympic

Postby Sandra » 28 Jun 2006, 13:56

We stayed there on our first visit to Symi and nearly had a fit when we saw the steps!! However the apartments are really nice and very clean. We had one of the rear apartments, it had a huge terrace and three beds, it was roomy and comfortable. Not much of a view from the apartment but if you leaned over the terrace you could see a bit of the harbour. Try and get the front one that Sunshine had, he says the view fromt there were spectacular and his photos prove it!
Sandra
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Irini Studios - Olympic

Postby Sunshine » 28 Jun 2006, 23:48

...Yeh, but she's biased 'cos she likes me...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Irini Studios - Olympic

Postby Sunshine » 28 Jun 2006, 23:49

Sandra and Dave - how long before you all come up and see us??...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Irini Studios - Olympic

Postby Sandra » 29 Jun 2006, 14:13

Sunshine - of course I like you - you are my friend, and you live in one of my favourite parts of the country. We are coming up Saturday 19 August, just finished paying for the cottage yesterday, I may need to sell a body part to replenish the bank account! We will definitely go our for a drink if you are around, we are looking forward to it.

Are there any good Farm Shops around Longhirst where we can buy meat, eggs etc? Hope you and Lynn and the family are OK.

Sandra
Sandra
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Irini Studios - Olympic

Postby brian » 04 Jul 2006, 23:16

We arrived back from Symi on Wed past, stayed in Irini Studios, basic which was fine, not the cleanest, cleaner called 4 times in 2 weeks, steps a killer in the heat, take a torch, ants everywhere.
brian
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Irini Studios - Olympic

Postby Symi Visitor Office » 05 Jul 2006, 10:26

The ants are really bad this year - the tiny ones seem able to get into everything. Anything that is not stored in a sealed screwtop container is doomed as they can work their way through plastic and cellophane in no time. The best solution is to be 100% thorough about wiping up all crumbs and spills, keep everything sealed that you are not actually eating - they're quite happy to drag your toast and honey off the plate from under your nose - and buy a can of spray from the supermarket to keep handy. It is always a good idea in hot weather to take the rubbish out with you and drop it off in the nearest skip rather than wait for the cleaner, even if she is coming that day. Particularly if you have been eating melon on the terrace. ;)

Once it gets really really hot - like 45 degrees and over - the insect life starts to diminish, but in the meantime try the above! 8-)
Symi Visitor Office
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Irini Studios - Olympic

Postby brian » 05 Jul 2006, 22:58

We have been abroad alot and paid for the apartment cleaning included, we were told the cleaner would be there daily, as for ants and wiping up the crumbs only my wife brought clothes and t towels with us there would have been nothing, also there was no brush nor dustpan and brush to clean up,or mop.
brian
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Irini Studios - Olympic

Postby Adriana » 06 Jul 2006, 07:39

Sorry Brian, that was meant to be general advice to anyone visiting in the next few weeks. Maybe I should have started a new topic!

I hope you mentioned the problem to your rep or whoever you booked through.

My kettle was full of them (ants, not reps!) at home this morning - good job I checked before making coffee! They get thirsty and then fall in and drown. Yuk. :cry:
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Irini Studios - Olympic

Postby brian » 06 Jul 2006, 18:52

I understand Adriana, the Ants were annoying but did not spoil are Symi experience.
brian
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Return to Symi Chat