New Visitors to Symi Chat Page

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Postby D and E » 07 Sep 2006, 22:09

Hi

It appears to me that this chat page seems to be for the 'regulars' and not at all for new visitors or regular visitors wanting useful information.

I think it would serve people best if 'in chat' were kept to a seperate area on the site, then others with real day to day Symi questions would be able to converse on the Symi Chat page and get the information we require.

It seems to me that unless you are 'known' on this site and part of the 'Symi clique' then you are very much ignored :?

D and E
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Anthony » 07 Sep 2006, 22:49

Yes, until very recently we had for exactly this reason a 'Visitor's Queries' section separate from the Chat Page. Why has it disappeared? :idea: Surely it ought to be reinstated. :?:
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Sapphire » 07 Sep 2006, 22:49

Hi and welcome to the board!

All of us love answering questions about Symi so fire away! I'm sure you'll get lots of answers.

Sapphy x

PS Will someone please tell me how to get those smily face thingies!
Sapphire
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Allan » 07 Sep 2006, 23:10

[quote="Sapphire"]

PS Will someone please tell me how to get those smily face thingies!
[/quote]Sapphy

If you use the "Reply to topic" Icon instead of the "Quick Reply" box you'll find loads of the little beggers to chose from! :oops: Just click on the one (or more! :) ) you want.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sunshine » 08 Sep 2006, 04:03

...Hello, I don't know if you noticed but when you log on and click on 'all forums' there is actually a separate forum called 'Noticeboard' where you can ask any questions about the island of Symi. If you click on a different forum then there is always someone who will try to help. Have you actually asked a question yet? Please do...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Sunshine » 08 Sep 2006, 04:14

...Hello again. Just to put you in the picture, there are 3 forums to cater for different needs on this site, they are

Noticeboard
Ask any questions about the island of Symi

Symi Chat
Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Off topic
Chat about anything else!!

Hope this helps...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Sapphire » 08 Sep 2006, 08:29

Thanks Allan! It takes a while for me to get the hang of things like this ...LOL :?

Re. The Visitors Queries - I sort of assumed that this was what the Noticeboard folder was for. If so, perhaps it could be renamed to make it clearer and a bit friendlier :geek:
Sapphire
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Adriana » 08 Sep 2006, 08:34

Hi D and E and Anthony,

If you click onto All Forums you will see that we have a Noticeboard for questions about Symi, Symi Chat for chat about Symi and then a third forum for chat about anything else that has nothing to do with Symi.

That way newcomers can ask questions and get sensible answers, the old guard can compare notes on the island and get nostalgic, and anyone who wants to talk about anything else also has a chance.

So post where appropriate! 8-)
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby SueO » 08 Sep 2006, 09:49

Hi D and E

The Noticeboard section of 'All Forums' has a subtitle 'Ask any question about the island of Symi' and if you look at the posts there they are (mainly) queries from regulars and non regulars plus some info provided by the SV office.

However, I do agree that new posters may, sometimes, feel that the site is a little cliquey (?). I'm a regular viewer but fairly infrequent contributor and certainly NOT part of any clique.

Ask away with any questions-you WILL get answers I'm sure. :)
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby SueO » 08 Sep 2006, 10:02

Forgot to mention.....even in it's old format the Chat Page seemed to get far fewer queries at this time of year. Presumably because people have already had their hols or, at least, booked them. Come winter/spring when people are thinking about their next break questions (and answers) are much more of a feature. At the moment most of us are looking back on great times spent in Symi this summer or, like me, wishing away the next few days until we get there. :geek:
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Adriana » 08 Sep 2006, 11:49

And lots of people email their questions direct, judging by the number of emails I get every day! :D
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Symi Chat