put of

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

put of

Postby Mille » 23 Sep 2006, 09:20

"That type of people" can mean ANYTHING, Hermes and I suggest you ask pat in private, to avoid things getting out of hand.
Thank you.
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

put of

Postby Joanie » 23 Sep 2006, 22:23

why Hermes who's gay on the other page?
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

put of

Postby Hermes » 24 Sep 2006, 00:56

I'm sorry Mille, it's just that Pat made the comment here in the public domain and I think it should be answered here, and not in private. As far as I can see, the comment's most likely interpretation is a homophobic one and I'd appreciate it if Pat said that this is definitely not the case rather than the unequivocal answer already given.
Hermes
Visitor

put of

Postby Dave » 24 Sep 2006, 19:36

I didn't see any reference or inference regarding orientation of any kind - I judged the comment as a reponse to Pat's first statement on the thread when questioned ....it was about "comments" on the other page, I believe. No-one but you brought up the topic of homosexuality as it reads, Hermes. I suppose it just goes to show that in this P.C. world anything can be interpreted as anything if someone needs a soapbox.
Anyway, this part of the forum is for Symi queries and comments - you want to discuss other stuff not Symi related, let's use the other part.
Let's not put Pat off altogether, eh ?

Enjoy Parga, Pat. Previous comment was correct - it's not Symi but it's still a fine place. You want a quiet hour having a cooling drink, go to the Achilleas Hotel (it's on the south side of Parga overlooking Piso Krioneri beach) and go to the beach side.On the right is a flight of steps. Go up (it's not a toughie) and enjoy the little bar there with it's little seating areas - lovely ! :)
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

put of

Postby bill » 24 Sep 2006, 20:52

Dave,

I think Pat got on the soap-box with the initial irrelevant posting.

There was little reason for you to jump in, the thread was closing.
bill
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

put of

Postby Dave » 24 Sep 2006, 22:39

Bill, you may think that - I disagree, so please don't presume to lecture me ...... this site has been down that route before and certainly doesn't need it again.
;)
Dave
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

put of

Postby bill » 25 Sep 2006, 09:20

Agreed :geek: :)
bill
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

put of

Postby Jan » 29 Sep 2006, 13:07

We left last Saturday afternoon, just as the weather broke, after 17 days of delightful weather.

For a small fee I might reveal next year's proposed dates to anyone who'd like 'guaranteed' (ie not guaranteed at all but it worked this year) sun - or for a rather larger one consider staying on until Adriana's crops have ripened. I wish.
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

put of

Postby skidsolo » 03 Oct 2006, 20:21

[quote="Adriana"]

Absolutely bucketing down.

Will remind self frequently how much good this is doing the garden as I paddle home! :|

At least I remembered to bring the washing in before I set off this morning... :)
[/quote]I'm so glad to hear that now that we are back. Meany.
The trip over on the ferry on the27th was very pleasant.
skidsolo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Previous

Return to Symi Chat