Baptism in Symi........

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Baptism in Symi........

Postby Kon » 19 Nov 2006, 06:55

The other day the wife and i were talking about if we had a second child maybe having the baptism in Symi.Has anybody done this before.I guess organizing is the key giving the church plenty of notice ,and does Panormitis hold baptisms ??. :oops:
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Baptism in Symi........

Postby Kojak » 19 Nov 2006, 10:21

Hello Kon. Panormitis certainly holds baptisms as I've seen many thete when I've visited the monastery. I don't think there would be any problems as your relatives on Symi could probably organise it very easily. Although I'm nominally in the "don't know" school re miracles, I personally know two couples (one English) who had tried for many years for children. Both went through every test in the book and finally had a special service at Panormitis. The English couple had a son and brought him back to the monastery to be baptised. :) The Greek couple had a son, followed by twins two years later! I joked with them, asking if there was another service to stop it! :(
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Baptism in Symi........

Postby Anthony » 19 Nov 2006, 21:42

[quote="Kojak"]
The Greek couple had a son, followed by twins two years later! I joked with them, asking if there was another service to stop it! :(
[/quote]
See also 'Enough is Enough' on page8 of the October Symi Visitor! :)
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Symi Chat