St. Patricks Day!

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

St. Patricks Day!

Postby Joanie » 17 Mar 2007, 15:41

Happy St Patrick's day to you all :geek: ,especialy the Irish friends, :D :D have a good day, :)
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

St. Patricks Day!

Postby Richard » 17 Mar 2007, 20:07

Same to you, Joanie. I may have a can of Murphy's tonight
Richard
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

St. Patricks Day!

Postby MacDuff » 19 Mar 2007, 06:22

Never quite understand why the world is supposed to drink green beer, run parades and celebrate one particular saint's day. :?: Why not do the same for St. George, St. David, St. Andrew and the rest. :) :?: Is it me that is a sucker for not swallowing the blarney :?: I don't need the Irish to encourage me to take a swig or noggin :geek:
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

St. Patricks Day!

Postby Anthony » 19 Mar 2007, 23:22

Yes, I think blarney is the right word, and you're to be congratulated for not swallowing it (or indeed the "beer" that they serve up in certain 'Irish'-themed pubs). :)

Possibly the surprising thing is that those who so avidly fly St George's flag don't celebrate his saint's day on April 23rd. But I suppose the answer is that they don't associate the flag with the saint - only with a certain national football team! :P
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

St. Patricks Day!

Postby MacDuff » 20 Mar 2007, 04:09

I may be biased - but I don't think so. Back in 1979, I was heavily involved in the funeral arrangements for a 14 year old boy and his 82 year old grandmother, blown up in Eire by the IRA, so I find it difficult to be enamoured by or for the Irish. :twisted:
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Symi Chat