Golly, it's quiet around here...

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Postby Adriana » 28 Jun 2007, 15:26

with half of us melting in the heat :( and the other half baling out their basements :cry:
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby maziemoo » 28 Jun 2007, 16:54

I've definitely noticed my mood take a down turn this week...just seemingly endless rain :cry: has really started to get to me....I don't cope with the doom and gloom of dark winter days that well either.

I'm set to work as a spectator marshall at the British Grand Prix the weekend of 7th and 8th July so I hope the weather will have improved by them because standing around all day in the rain for 2 days from 6.30am to 6pm will just about tip me over the edge :( !

Just need to keep in mind that in 12 weeks 5 days I'll be back on Symi :)
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby GIPEPE » 28 Jun 2007, 20:54

with more rain forecasted for the weekend im getting really fed up with wet weather :cry: . with only under 3 months of summer left I hope i get a chance to top up my tan before my holidays in September. :)
GIPEPE
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Kon » 29 Jun 2007, 03:27

Hi Maziemoo,my friend from Aust will also be working at the British GP he has a company that sell all the t-shirts,hats and other Gp stuff,he too is hoping it wont rain for business reasons. ;)
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby maziemoo » 29 Jun 2007, 10:59

Well Kon, if he can do a nice little line in those cheapie plastic cagoule thingies, he'll have it made since it's my observation that no matter how rubbish the weather is, it doesn't stop the Formula 1 loving public from coming along, but alas they aren't always suitably prepared for the extremes of weather that can prevail :cry: . I always go well laden with wellies, waterproofs, bin liners, anything that will keep the rain out.

I remember the year it was moved to April thanks to some mini man with a mega ego :( ..am I bitter? ..no...I just felt sorry for the fans who paid a lot of money for their tickets and had to endure worse weather than might have been experienced had the date been left in July as has tended to be the tradition, just because someone wanted to prove a point. No doubt someone will wish to contradict me here but all I can say is that is how I and some of my fellow marshalls viewed it.

Anyway enough of that...we had thunderstorms and rain occasionally interspersed with sleet, fog and sunshine. I've never seen so much mud in all my life...camping must have been hell for those brave or daft enough to do it :( .

However the overriding atmosphere was one of good humour and a determination to enjoy the sport no matter what was thrown at the fans...it was quite amazing :)
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Symi Chat