Stormy Symi

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Stormy Symi

Postby Adriana » 04 Dec 2007, 12:51

We have already had one heavy downpour, about an hour ago.I have just put up some pictures on my diary page of what it looked like from our office after the first rain clouds passed over.

There are heavy weather warnings as there is a big storm heading for Greece and they are forecasting Force 10 in the Aegean for tomorrow. :o
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Stormy Symi

Postby Kojak » 04 Dec 2007, 12:54

Similar weather here Adriana. Strong gusts of wind alternating with heavy downpours :cry:
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Stormy Symi

Postby Mille » 04 Dec 2007, 12:55

Nice autumn like weather here.
Cold wind but sunny
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Stormy Symi

Postby Kon » 04 Dec 2007, 13:01

Melbourne had flooding rains yesterday :cry:
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Stormy Symi

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 04 Dec 2007, 13:28

Perth absolutely beautiful.. :( Eh, Joanie? :geek:
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

Stormy Symi

Postby Joanie » 04 Dec 2007, 13:33

I'm really really sorry to say this,(i'm not really)its been so hot today well not very hot just about 30c ts not hot for Perth (i dont think)But unfortunately i will be joining all you Brits in the cold on Friday,i've told Mandie to bring my Parka to the airport.Ugghhhh, then i'll have to start saving again.Its been the best holiday ever.But i'm looking forward to seeing my Mum,dughter and grandchildren on Friday,i cant wait for them all to come running up to me, (not mum haha).Then the dog,when i get home. :( :( :(
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Stormy Symi

Postby Joanie » 04 Dec 2007, 13:39

Just read your post Geoff,oh yes its the best place ever its true Perth is wonderful,and also meeting the one and only OG,and what a nice man you are.I've enjoyed meeting you,and i've had a wonderful holiday.Thanks for the nice company darling, see you next year.Bye for now speak to you Thursday. :( :( :(
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Stormy Symi

Postby maziemoo » 04 Dec 2007, 23:11

Ahh joanie darling, I'm really sorry you're leaving your lovely new mate behind but I think he will be eargerly awaiting your return :mrgreen: .

Also really pleased you have enjoyed Oz so much....my mum always used to love it there too.

We look forward to having you back as a regular poster and can't wait to see photos of the old rogue :D !
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Stormy Symi

Postby captbalou » 04 Dec 2007, 23:54

Blue skies and little white puffy clouds Hi 78F and Low 65, everything so green and red bougainvillea flowers in bloom all over all over and coconuts turning bright yellow as they ripen. this is Miami and winter is the best time of year
captbalou
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Stormy Symi

Postby MacDuff » 05 Dec 2007, 06:33

It is now two weeks since the temperatures here dropped to between -14C and -25c. Probably won't see rain until next April/May depending on time of day or night. Quite a lot of snow :D Probably won't see rain until next April/May. :cry: But we are able to look forward to lots of clear blue skies. 8-) Ice flows on the river, it is usually mid December before it freezes over completely. :) Ideal climate for enjoying a good glass of MacAllan :geek:
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Symi Chat