New Aegean Flight

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

New Aegean Flight

Postby David » 28 Feb 2008, 15:46

Hi All the following is taken from the Aegean web site. It may be of interest.

Aegean Airlines builds on successful expansion with the delivery of new Airbus A320/321 and service to new destinations with the start of its summer 2008 flight schedule.

1) New international destinations from Athens.

On May 15 Aegean will begin twice daily non-stop service to London�s Stansted Airport using brand new Airbus A321. The A321 will be configured with 195 seats in two classes and will offer a state of the art in-flight entertainment system. With this move Aegean will serve the most popular international destination from Athens, and 6 of the 7 busiest international destinations overall.

Departure times are ideal for London, from Athens at 07:30 and 17:10, and from London at 10:20 and 20:00.

This will tie in with flights from Athens to Rhodes. I'd keep an eye on the site as they normally very competitive.
David
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

New Aegean Flight

Postby Anthony » 28 Feb 2008, 23:09

B*gg*r! [img]http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/mad/mad0066.gif[/img] My May holiday on Symi begins on Wednesday 14th, and I'm intending to book a flight for Tuesday 13th.

(Not that Stansted is particularly convenient for me anyway, living in central London close to Victoria. My preference is for Gatwick if possible, otherwise - e.g. with the Olympic midday flight - I've come to terms with the hassle of flying from Heathrow).
Anthony
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

New Aegean Flight

Postby David » 29 Feb 2008, 11:51

Anthony, I've just had an email from easy jet they have a massive sale on till March 4th with flights up to end of June.
David
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

New Aegean Flight

Postby Ozzie Geoff » 02 Mar 2008, 02:28

Speaking of airports, did you read about the new terminal that opened in beijing on Friday? 3kms long, bigger than all five of Heathrows terminals put together. Wow! Beijings capacity is ow 85 million per year. :o
It took only 4 years from its proposal to opening with 50,000 workers toiling. Wow again!
Designed of course by a Brit. Lord Norman Foster.
I wonder if thats Mazies dad?? :?:
Ozzie Geoff
Visitor

New Aegean Flight

Postby MacDuff » 05 Mar 2008, 06:45

The U.K. missed the opportunity to have a world class airport when the Maplin Airport project was abandoned by Anthony Crossland in 1974. Six parallel runways with a joint seaport/airport handling container traffic - able to sail directly to all the northern European ports. Instead the M25 was constructed and the channel tunnel - which goes nowhere near the industrial heartland of Europe but leaves good old Blighty at the mercy of the French. Maplin would have avoided any need to go through/around London. I remember it all with frustration and sadness. The facility was to be built by private enterprise - The Thames Estuary Development Company- with Rio Tinto, Shell, The Port of London Authority and Southend Corporation included in the consortium, chaired by Sir John Howard. Memories! I was the sole non-parliamentary member of the Parliamentary Committee for Maplin. Chair was Stephen Hastings M.P. - a Tory, Vice Chair was Shirley Williams M.P. (Labour) and the Secretary/Treasurer was Toby Jessel M.P. Results of abandoning the project included massive increases in the size of Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted. Luton struggled to get further development, but opposition from Hertfordshire kept it in check. Hello everybody - I was away in Cuba!
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

New Aegean Flight

Postby Joanie » 05 Mar 2008, 12:26

Wondered where you got to MacDuff,hope you enjoyed it.
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Symi Chat