Good news from Olympic Holidays

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Postby Colette » 24 Feb 2008, 13:32

I received a letter from Olympic yesterday changing my flight time - good news for anyone flying with them from Manchester in June. The Wednesday flight has changed from 11.15 to 09.00 meaning we land at 15.05 instead of 17.30 - no overnighter in Rhodes required - yipppeee. Hopefully this will carry on for the rest of the summer - fingers crossed for Kojak and anyone else who flies from Manchester.
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Joanie » 24 Feb 2008, 14:55

Oh yes thats great news Colette,staight to Symi cant beat it :geek:
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Kojak » 24 Feb 2008, 17:22

No news yet here, I'm still at 11.15. I hope they dont move it back too early as it'll mean a taxi to Preston to catch the train. The flight time is very tight but I guess Olympic will make every effort to get us on the ferry as it will save them a nights accommodation in Rhodes.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Colette » 24 Feb 2008, 17:49

Last year it took an hour and a half to get our bags at Rodos in June so I don't think even Olympic could have held the ferry up if we'd arrived at 17.30.Anyway good luck K. Having looked at the webcam and seen the sunshine I texted the "rock" and my mate Marcia had been on the beach all morning.Mind you she is a dedicated beach lover, personally I prefer it when it's warmer, last year she insisted that Pat, Cobi, Lynn and I and the rest of the gang went in the sea at Nos on her birthday on March 5th!Fortunately the sun was shining and we were well fortified with copious bottles of fizz.
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby mr wotsin » 18 Mar 2008, 22:18

[quote="Colette"]

I received a letter from Olympic yesterday changing my flight time - good news for anyone flying with them from Manchester in June. The Wednesday flight has changed from 11.15 to 09.00 meaning we land at 15.05 instead of 17.30 - no overnighter in Rhodes required - yipppeee. Hopefully this will carry on for the rest of the summer - fingers crossed for Kojak and anyone else who flies from Manchester.
[/quote]
mr wotsin
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby mr wotsin » 18 Mar 2008, 22:22

Mine has been put back from 9 am till 3 pm so now we spend a night in Rhodes. Dont know where we will be sent
Willie
mr wotsin
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Kojak » 18 Mar 2008, 23:15

Where are you flying from Willie? I'm wondering if Rhodes have been swapping flight slots about as certainly Bristol airport had no details for Rhodes flights for quite some time. My flight has now been changed from 11.15 to 9am and Newcastle flights have been altered to a much later departure. All change for everyone!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Oor Willie » 19 Mar 2008, 12:36

Just checked XL website our June flight from Glasgow is still at 07.00 on Wednesday so we should be in plenty of time for the ferry, and our September flight from Newcastle is still at 18.05 on the Saturday so we still need an overnight in Rhodes.
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Symi Chat