Anyone on Symi, tempted to blog?

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Anyone on Symi, tempted to blog?

Postby Thomasdk » 11 Apr 2024, 17:01

I've been re-reading and re-watching both Silverfox's and D & E's blogs recently, many, many times, while waiting for new posts, but in vain.
Please don't get me wrong, I love rewatching/reading these, I'd just love for some news from my favorite island, photos with descriptions would be amazing.
I don't see any chance of me getting there any time soon, so if anyone has some photos laying around, please don't be shy. :)
I miss the island so much, but I've always visited it with my Mum since '92 and she passed away last April. Been through the worst imaginable year and I still can't picture myself visiting our favorite island alone.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Re: Anyone on Symi, tempted to blog?

Postby Petros2 » 13 Apr 2024, 09:16

Hi Thomas, sorry to learn of your loss last year.
Have you tried "Friends of Symi" and "Symi Friends"?
Both websites are very active and informative and up to date.

Petros2
Petros2
Starting Visitor

Postby Thomasdk » 13 Apr 2024, 11:41

Thank you.
Yes, I do follow both Facebook groups, but it's just not the same as a blog. But thanks anyway.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby silverfox » 13 Apr 2024, 15:29

Hi Thomas

Sorry to hear your sad news but you must get back to the little rock where you have so many good memories.

D & E will be there in early June so you will get a fix then. I arrive just as D & E leave and will try to live up to their superb blogging skills and post as many pictures as I can. We are there for 3 weeks.

I must admit that I read the blogs back too and they do help through the dark days.

You take care my friend and if you can make it in late June we can have a drink or two.
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Thomasdk » 14 Apr 2024, 07:56

Thanks, Silverfox.
I know, it's just that there are so many battles, before I'll even be able to consider going back alone, I'm afraid.
Hopefully one day things will clear up and life will be easier.
But I will look very much forward to hopefully both D & E's fresh blog as well as yours. :) You guys always post such great stuff,
that it's almost like being there.
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby silverfox » 14 Apr 2024, 13:30

Thomasdk wrote:Thanks, Silverfox.
I know, it's just that there are so many battles, before I'll even be able to consider going back alone, I'm afraid.
Hopefully one day things will clear up and life will be easier.
But I will look very much forward to hopefully both D & E's fresh blog as well as yours. :) You guys always post such great stuff,
that it's almost like being there.

I really do hope you can "win" those battles and life becomes a little easier for you. Life does try you at times.

Symi will still be there when you are ready.

Take care.
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Thomasdk » 15 Apr 2024, 07:19

silverfox wrote:I really do hope you can "win" those battles and life becomes a little easier for you. Life does try you at times.

Take care.

Me too and thank you. And yes it does, I wish I could turn back the time to before Corona/Covid, back to when the world made sense.

I'm sure it will be, but both the island and I will have changed. That's how life goes, I guess.

Still eagerly awaiting your blogs though, so no excuses! :D
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Helen Devlin » 15 Apr 2024, 10:23

Hi there

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that things improve for you. I follow Symi Dream blogs on Facebook, now including reels which are lovely. James has also written some books about life on Symi…
Kind regards
Helen D⭐️
Helen Devlin
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby silverfox » 16 Apr 2024, 00:46

Thomasdk wrote:
silverfox wrote:I really do hope you can "win" those battles and life becomes a little easier for you. Life does try you at times.

Take care.

Me too and thank you. And yes it does, I wish I could turn back the time to before Corona/Covid, back to when the world made sense.

I'm sure it will be, but both the island and I will have changed. That's how life goes, I guess.

Still eagerly awaiting your blogs though, so no excuses! :D

I've just read back D & Es and my last blog and it brought tears to my eyes.

The feeling we get when we are on this magical little island is there to see in the words and pictures.

I can't wait till D & E unleesh the magic!

Ps....anyone who would like to give us a glimpse or even try a blog....Please please please! :)
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Thomasdk » 16 Apr 2024, 06:46

Helen Devlin wrote:Hi there

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that things improve for you. I follow Symi Dream blogs on Facebook, now including reels which are lovely. James has also written some books about life on Symi…
Kind regards
Helen D⭐️

Thank you, Helen. Yes, I follow Symi Dream on Facebook as well, and their blogsite. Symidream and Adriana-shum are the only "real" blogs I know, and yes, I've read James' books as well, the first two are my favorites. :)
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby D and E » Today, 10:43

We were saddened to read of your loss Thomas and can truly understand all that you say.

Of all the places that could be described as having a compassionate and loving heart it would be Sými where the people embrace those that love and respect their island. Give it time Thomas. One never knows what is in front of you.

We will be on Sými late on Sunday 2nd June, staying in Taxiarchis where it all began for us so many years ago, so we can see ourselves sitting looking down the Pedi Valley starting the blog over breakfast on Monday 3rd. It is a short break this time with a friend who has visited several times before. But as we leave our good friend Silverfox will take over and then we will be back on Tuesday 10th September for 15 nights.

We will do our best to bring a flavour of the island each day knowing how much this means to you and others who share our love of Sými.

Take care.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Symi Chat