Booked - “Two Centre Holiday”

Chat about anything to do with the island of Symi

Booked - “Two Centre Holiday”

Postby D and E » 20 Feb 2018, 09:43

The thread started by Pollychops prompted us out of our winter slumbers and actually doing something about this years travels.
We have always hankered after either travelling to Symi via Athens and the Blue Star, or having three weeks on Symi and staying in two different places.
Our visits in recent years has been a week in May and two in Sept / Oct and we have to admit that the one week goes past in a blink of an eye and even two weeks seems too short nowadays.
The last time we stayed three weeks we stayed with the marvellous Frank & Eva at Taxiarchis, that was a few years ago and was memorable.
So yesterday we got to work on the websites and it is all change for 2018.
We will fly for the first time from Luton.
We have still to work out the logistics for the trip from Mid Wales to Luton.
We are booked on the 14::00 EasyJet flight on Wednesday 19th September, landing Diagoras at 20:00, so we have booked a night in our favourite Best Western Plaza. We thought about returning to Koykos but as we will be arriving late and heading off early next morning we wouldn’t get the full benefit of that hotel.
We will get a morning ferry on the Thursday (still to be arranged) and will be staying in Pedi (booked through Bookings.com) for the first 6 nights. Our host has already emailed us a welcome note :D
Then the following Wednesday we head to Yialos for two weeks. We return on the 20:40 flight on 10th October so late into Luton and so Holiday Inn Express, described as the nearest hotel to the airport, booked for that night.
So it’s done.
It’s in the bag.
Seems a long time to wait.
Don’t know how we will fare without our May visit.
But the countdown starts now.
(Now to think about this family wedding in June in Sorento & a holiday voucher we have for a short break on Loch Awe :o )
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Re: Booked - “Two Centre Holiday”

Postby Lisa B » 20 Feb 2018, 13:48

Wow, you've really laid your pans down. A Sorrento wedding will be lovely. We're on Symi the same time as you, if I spot you it'll be like seeing someone famous! ;) :D
Lisa B
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby silverfox » 20 Feb 2018, 15:41

Sounds awesome D&E!

We would love a 3/4 week break on Symi....time to really relax.

But tinged with sadness that we won't get our May Symi fix of all the relaxation and great food that you guys share with us.

I hope someone finds it in their hearts to share a little of their pre-June holidays with us all.

A 3 week September fix on the cards though, presuming that you will still have the time between treats to post!

:D
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby D and E » 20 Feb 2018, 18:22

Lisa B wrote:Wow, you've really laid your pans down. A Sorrento wedding will be lovely. We're on Symi the same time as you, if I spot you it'll be like seeing someone famous! ;) :D

Infamous more like :P
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby D and E » 20 Feb 2018, 18:26

silverfox wrote:Sounds awesome D&E!

We would love a 3/4 week break on Symi....time to really relax.

But tinged with sadness that we won't get our May Symi fix of all the relaxation and great food that you guys share with us.

I hope someone finds it in their hearts to share a little of their pre-June holidays with us all.

A 3 week September fix on the cards though, presuming that you will still have the time between treats to post!

:D

There’s always time for a Blog and with staying in Pedi for the first time this should provide a different perspective - like stopping at the Secret Garden on the way to Yannis :shock:
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 21 Feb 2018, 09:17

I'll also be on Symi the same time as you (well some of it as I'm not going for as long) and will probably be following you round the restaurants :) My reports will fizzle into insignificance after reading about your culinary delights ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby orangepeel » 21 Feb 2018, 12:34

HI D & E . We met in Yannis last year, long shot i know, i'm the bald guy talked to you about your wonderful blogs , and your cat. We will be returning again around the same time . We arrive on the 14th, so hopefully we will bump into you again . We are stopping with Frank and Eva again , such a lovely spot. You say your down in Pedi first, were you staying there? :)
orangepeel
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby JuliaB » 21 Feb 2018, 23:45

Hi D & E - Our countdown has started too. When snow was falling before Christmas, our thoughts turned to Symi and we booked our flights. Believe it or not, we're on the 14.00 EasyJet from Luton on 19th September! We return home on Saturday 6th October. Our accommodation has yet to be finalised; we'll definitely be at the Opera House on Symi but are also exploring the possibility of a few days on Halki.
A wedding in Sorrento should be splendid! Our May break this year also features a wedding - in Devon - preceded by a few days in our favourite part of Cornwall.
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby D and E » 24 Feb 2018, 11:05

Gemma1 wrote:I'll also be on Symi the same time as you (well some of it as I'm not going for as long) and will probably be following you round the restaurants :) My reports will fizzle into insignificance after reading about your culinary delights ;)

We love your reports Gemma and it will be interesting to compare ;)
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby D and E » 24 Feb 2018, 11:11

orangepeel wrote:HI D & E . We met in Yannis last year, long shot i know, i'm the bald guy talked to you about your wonderful blogs , and your cat. We will be returning again around the same time . We arrive on the 14th, so hopefully we will bump into you again . We are stopping with Frank and Eva again , such a lovely spot. You say your down in Pedi first, were you staying there? :)

Remember you well - hope all is good in Ironbridge.
We will stay our first 6 nights in Pedi in a property that looks like it is just beyond the bus stop at the far end so will be watching over those walking to St.Nicks. Then we head over to beyond the boatyard for two weeks.
Undoubtedly we will see you in Yannis.
Take care.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby D and E » 24 Feb 2018, 11:17

JuliaB wrote:Hi D & E - Our countdown has started too. When snow was falling before Christmas, our thoughts turned to Symi and we booked our flights. Believe it or not, we're on the 14.00 EasyJet from Luton on 19th September! We return home on Saturday 6th October. Our accommodation has yet to be finalised; we'll definitely be at the Opera House on Symi but are also exploring the possibility of a few days on Halki.
A wedding in Sorrento should be splendid! Our May break this year also features a wedding - in Devon - preceded by a few days in our favourite part of Cornwall.

Now this stalking has to stop J&M :D :D :D
Like the idea of your few days in Halki.
Enjoy Cornwall - it’s been far too long since we visited.
See you in Luton no doubt :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby katy » 24 Feb 2018, 11:44

D & E I think you might be in the apartment next to us for our second week if your landlady is Sevasti. We chose to stay there last year after many years in Chorio and she made our stay so welcoming that we have booked again for September.
katy
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby D and E » 25 Feb 2018, 14:44

katy wrote:D & E I think you might be in the apartment next to us for our second week if your landlady is Sevasti. We chose to stay there last year after many years in Chorio and she made our stay so welcoming that we have booked again for September.

Sounds like it Katy. So good to hear that you liked the place so much you have returned.
See you in September 8-)
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby rockbottom » 31 Mar 2018, 12:15

Hi D & E, you're trip sounds interesting, we were your neighbours au Anastasia last year. Nothing booked for us except some time in Cornwall in June but you never know a last minute trip to symi is always possible! We also remember chatting to the couple from iron bridge and a trip up that way is also on the cards now nick has retired! Will read the posts with interest!
rockbottom
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Return to Symi Chat