10 Cheeky Days

Archived trip reports

Re: 10 Cheeky Days

Postby Allan » 12 Oct 2019, 15:05

We've missed Manteio over the last couple of years since it closed. We used to spend a lot of time there enjoying their assortment of strange Greek beers and generous "bar snacks". It's good to see it back in a much newer rather swish-looking guise and with a new name. The food looks good and I look forward to trying Scena on our next visit.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby silverfox » 13 Oct 2019, 06:49

Allan wrote:We've missed Manteio over the last couple of years since it closed. We used to spend a lot of time there enjoying their assortment of strange Greek beers and generous "bar snacks". It's good to see it back in a much newer rather swish-looking guise and with a new name. The food looks good and I look forward to trying Scena on our next visit.

It is worth trying for sure Allan.

We are planning to go again this week!
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 13 Oct 2019, 07:00

Saturday 12th October

Out with a bang!

We are very tired but I’m awake early as usual but try to stay in bed until 7.30am. I’ve managed to keep the laptop working long enough to catch up on this blog but don’t hold your breath as it’s got a mind of it’s own at the moment. The word processing program has just asked me if I would like to send a crash report to it’s owners!

As one of the cats called to say good morning we have a breakfast of yogurt and honey and a few cups of coffee.

Morning.jpg
Good Morning

A quick shower and out into the morning sunshine, we can’t believe how warm it’s been for October with the temperatures generally between 28 and 32. Liz came down on the bus and I’d managed to walk down the road and was waiting at the bus stop down in Gialos. I don’t know if it’s the time of year but I must have spotted at least 10 Lizards on my walk down!

lizard.jpg
Lizard

Jordana and son were outside To Spitiko so we had our greetings and her little boy took a liking to my shirt which resulted in a cuddle from him which surprised Jordana as he’s been so clingy with her.

boats.jpg
Great views

We are soon in the comfy seats and share some toast with our Lattes. There is only the King Saron boat in so Gialos is so quiet and we think it’s so pleasant when it’s like this but I’m sure the cafe and taverna owners would not agree.

We are missing a wedding back home today as our friends Laura and Liam tie the knot so we send our best wishes for their special day and we will raise a glass later to them both (ooooo...2 meanings of the word toast in 2 sentences).

We call in at Supermarket Taxas and finally find some Ice cube bags that we have been looking for since we arrived as I like some Ice in my Metaxa nightcaps.

We meander round to Elpidas for a drink and we are presented with some very nice cheese pies slightly warmed.

Cheese Pies.jpg
Cheese Pie

We see the only signs of the refugees/migrant situation as the contrast between some impounded boats against the backdrop of a very nice yacht.

boats 2.jpg
Contrast

I make may way back up the road and meet Liz back up at the Rainbow Bar where we are joined by Neil, Toby, Anne, Penny and we meet Andy from the Symi Travel Blog who provides great travel information. http://www.andyward.me.uk/symiblog/

We are also joined by a dog who sits beside me who we are told is a very good sheep, well goat, dog! He had a rest a drink of water and went on his merry way.

friend.jpg
Doggy

Friends back home video called us in their wedding suits but it was a pretty disjointed call with very poor audio but it looked like they were all having a great time.

After staying too long, yet again, we take the short walk down to The Secret Garden where we are the only punters and we plump for the Chicken Roquefort and a Tigania Fried Pork with sweet chilli sauce which had been highly recommended to us by Terri.

Secret Garden.jpg
Secret Garden

Chicken.jpg
Chicken Roquefort

Pork.jpg
Tigania Fried Pork

She was right as both dishes were delicious with Liz saying we need to return for more of the Pork...we were nearly very naughty wanting to order another but we shared some of Katchas excellent apple pie instead.

pie.jpg
Apple Pie

We finished our wine and made the short walk back to number 18 with the great intention of typing this up but the laptop refused to boot up yet again.

A Metaxa night cap and we are just nodding off when a firework display started close by to finish the evening off in true Symi style!
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 13 Oct 2019, 08:30

More great photos and I'm drooling again at the thought of Katja's excellent apple pie / apple cake which I've sampled a few times. I've only ever had the set meze at the Secret Garden but the pork and chicken both look delicious so maybe it's time to try something new ;)

I'm amazed how warm it is on Symi for mid October - after a lovely sunny day and mild temperatures here yesterday it's back to grey skies and rain today so keep enjoying all that wonderful Symi sunshine and thanks for another excellent report :D
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 15 Oct 2019, 10:00

Sunday 13th October

Ducking and Diving

One of the delights about staying up in Chorio and at Taxiarchis in particular is the dawn chorus in the Pedi valley. As the glow from the sunrise drifts through the curtains the chickens start their day in fine fashion. Liz is still asleep!

sun.jpg
Sunrise

The battle with the laptop continues as I catch up on Saturdays blog over coffee and a couple of crackers with cheese.

I leave Liz getting ready and I head down the Pedi road before cutting off down the valley across from the church.

goat.jpg
Good Morning

The new shoots of grass are showing after the heavy rain before we arrived. Although it’s so peaceful you are aware of shuffling noises around you of the chickens, goats and the many lizards that I’ve seen this visit.

liz.jpg
Lizards

As I reach the bay I’m joined by Liz who has come down on the bus and we take a slow walk round and sit on the wall by the church. It’s so easy to sit on the waters edge, just totally relax and get a wonderful feeling of contentment when in Pedi.

pedi.jpg
Pedi Bay

As we start our wander to the other side of the bay a local man is just passing a fair size freshly caught fish to his wife which will no doubt be on the table later for lunch. How lucky to live in such a delightful place!

Reaching one of the benches Liz takes another rest while I walk a little further taking a few pictures by the jetty.

duck.jpg
Double Ducks

Refreshment is needed so we are soon in Taverna Tolis and sit by the waters edge and have a cool soft drink until they are ready to serve food. We share some chips and chicken souvlaki which if I’m being honest was nothing special but my word what a setting for a little lunch. A cool beer and we are entertained by what looks like a Cormorant or Shag busily diving for small fish and being very successful at it too!

shag.jpg
Shag?

Liz takes the bus back up to Campos and I walk back up the road calling at number 18 for my Symi map. By the time I’m at Yiannis Rainbow Bar I’ve apparently missed D&E by a matter of minutes, no doubt moving onto their next food adventure. There is always another day to share that beer!

The afternoon slips by and Toby shows me some paths on my map for a planned walk….you do have to try to earn the beer!

After a quick shower and change we are soon off down the Kali Strata to a very quiet Gialos. We are soon choosing a table in To Spitiko but disappointed that the excellent potato salad is finished. We substitute the salad for a plate of fine meatballs and Liz opts for the Sea Bream and I go for a nicely seasoned Beef Stifado which had a nice smokey aftertaste. Perhaps smoked Paprika?

meat.jpg
Meatballs

fish.jpg
Sea Bream

beef.jpg
Beef Stifado

A complementary Baklava for Liz and as I’d declined I was forced to have a melon based shot.

We sat for a while taking in all the view of the harbour until the wine had gone and it was time to head “back up” A nice hug from the ever wonderful Jordana and as we walked away someone jumped in the last Taxi but it was only 5 minutes (15 mins Symi time) for the bus back up to Campos.

view.jpg
The Harbour

night.jpg
Paradise

A Metaxa night cap ends another delightful day in paradise!
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby D and E » 15 Oct 2019, 11:37

Stunning harbour photo 8-)
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby silverfox » 15 Oct 2019, 19:58

Monday 14th October

Yammas!

I was awake at 5am but managed to stay in bed until 7.30 ish. Quick coffee and I was out by 8.15am leaving Liz, who was just waking.

Morning.jpg
Good morning!

Up through the lanes and across the square, I took the road up the hill to above the old steps going slightly off piste finding a few paths I’ve never trodden before finding the old donkey track. Following Toby’s instructions I took a right fork just past the house and followed the path round the small ridge with only the many goats for company. The views from up here are stunning but you have to stop to look as you need your eyes looking down to make sure that you don’t slip on the loose rocks.

view.jpg
Stunning Views

Finally up to the road that takes you to Tolis by a very small church, I turn right and have a quick look into the army base but cannot see any activity so turn back on myself and head into Ksisos and go right through the village where the road runs out and turns into paths leading down to Aghios Vasilios.

liz.jpg
Lizard - never seen so many!

These look a bit daunting so once again I turn round and head back to the road. I decide to give my feet and ankles a rest so head to the main road.

Threshing pit.jpg
Threshing pit in Ksisos?

The views are great as I head down past the old Kantina and pass about a dozen people on bikes going far too fast up these roads, I presume they have electric motors on them!

boat.jpg
Great views

chorio.jpg
Chorio

I take the top road to Agia Triada (sp?)

church.jpg

Then down through to the top of Chorio and down finally to the square where Yannis tempts me but I carry on down the Kali Strata. Bumped into D&E who report on great food and are heading for Pedi. They do seem to fit so much into their time on Symi and love to share it with us all.

I walk all the way round to the harbour right to the boat yard and then back to the clock tower where I sit and have a Fanta Orange.

Meanwhile Liz has been down in Pedi where she has ventured in the sea for a swim, or rather a dip by the sounds of it. Symi is great destination as its so safe and friendly so Liz has no problem doing her own thing as I venture up in the hills. I meet up with Liz in Elpidas where we are served Olives, cheese and salami with a lovely cool beer after my long walk and reports of the nice sea temperatures and the need to dip again. We left early and decided to have a further drink in Algrita Bar before nipping to Taxas Supermarket for a bottle on Metaxa for my nightcaps. I have enough energy left to set off up the road and manage to meet Liz just as she was getting up to The Rainbow.

This last week every day a wonderful female cat has been coming down “asking” everyone for food to mainly take back for her kittens up the lanes close by as she’s only gone for a few minutes before returning. The animal friendly have took a shine to such a hard working mother and even Yianni has fed her ham. Anne being Anne went back home to fetch a load of chicken that she wolfed down and then slept in the sunshine (the cat not Anne). We make a mental note to bring something up one day for this wonderful cat!

cat.jpg
Great mother

Now this is where it all started to unravel as after we have had our normal afternoon beer and chat we hang around until Giorgios were serving food. Just as we were about to leave D&E turned up and not wanting to be rude we joined them at “the other side” - this means different seats to what we normally sit in and this makes Yianni nervous as he likes order!

Now it’s the first real chat we have had with D&E and we spend far too long drinking far too much with the wine, Ouzo and laughter flowing far too easily. What a great couple!

At approx 10pm after arriving at 2.30pm we finally wobble into Giorgios for some food and share the wonderful shrimp pasties and Beef in Metaxa and carried on with white wine.

prawn.jpg
Shrimp pasties

beef.jpg
Beef in Metaxa

Finally we make it home to number 18 and I even managed a Metaxa night cap before we both fell into a Symi alcohol coma!

Yammas!
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 15 Oct 2019, 20:35

D and E wrote:Stunning harbour photo 8-)

I just pointed and clicked!

;)
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 16 Oct 2019, 08:15

Tuesday 15th October

Stormy weather

Well after last nights over indulgence it was a late start. We blame the fellow bloggers! I had woke up at 7am but tried to force myself to have a little extra time in bed and so finally moved at around 8.45am. I had no hangover as I don’t usually suffer but was certainly tired. Liz probably drunk more in total last night than she has in the last 8 months but we are on holiday!

I think we needed to soak up some of the alcohol so I was off up to the small bakery for bread, sausage pie and a rather nice looking ham and cheese pie. Further supplies were gathered at the supermarket at Campos of Pork Loin, Bacon, Tomato and milk giving Liz a choice for breakfast. She was surprised how quickly I returned but when staying at Taxiarchis you have everything you need or want close by.

doors.jpg
Symi doors

I make coffee, bread and cheese and have a little of the sausage pie.

I then spend some time trying to catch up on the blog and I’m sat thinking how disciplined and dedicated D&E are to actually get a post ready and up every morning. I take my hat off to them, not that I’ve got a hat on!

Liz really wanted a quiet day so late morning I decided to go for a walk while Liz stayed at number 18 to do a little washing. I set off up the road past the sports centre, past the Kantina taking the little road to the left and over the new bridge. Much work is still taking place and they are using those cages you fill with rocks, presumably to stop erosion of the banks when the water cascades down.

work.jpg
Working on drainage

I spend a lot of time walking on Symi hoping and waiting to spot wild tortoises and snakes but in 7 visits it is mainly goats, lizards and cats!

mon.jpg
The road to the Monastery

I finally reach the Zoodhachos Pighi Monastery and sit a while but the weather is slightly cloudy this morning so not great for taking pictures. Being a mad English man I rang Liz back at the apartment to see if she could see me waving up in the hills but with her lack of direction she was probably looking in the wrong direction altogether!

mon2.jpg
The view

Walking back down the light was changing against the hills and I could hear a bird of prey which I could just see circling high up the hillsides. Back down past the Kantina I cut through in front of Sevasti Studios where we have stayed many times and round to the Museum. They have been working up here too with new ramps, steps and handrails and even a bench to rest at outside the Museum doors.

I wandered down through the paths where some of the ruins are now being restored and down in front of Zoes Taverna collecting water from the supermarket before arriving back at number 18.

path.jpg
Paths in Chorio

I jump in the shower and when I came out we had a heavy shower of rain which lasted about 10 minutes. The washing Liz had hung out was now being washed for a second time! We carefully made our way up the wet paths and steps to Yiannis Rainbow Bar where he was busy trying to dry all the seats and tables so we ended up sitting in different seats and had to actually wait a minute for Yianni to serve us!

A pleasant afternoon and we actually managed to prise ourselves away reasonably early to visit the Secret Garden where we had the superb Bougiourdi and then a plate of the Tigania Fried Pork each with a litre of house white. Liz could not resist another helping of the superb apple cake.

drink.jpg
Wine

boo.jpg
Bougiourdi

pork.jpg
Tigania Fried Pork

A very full and slow walk back home and just as we were thinking of our beds a nice storm came along with thunder and lightning to end a very lazy but great day on Symi.

house.jpg
Night

Yes I did have a Metaxa as I watched the storm!

light 2.jpg

light 3.jpg

light.jpg
Last edited by silverfox on 16 Oct 2019, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 16 Oct 2019, 08:23

More fantastic photos and great reading - I love the walk on the old donkey path and past the little church, which is where I normally pause for a rest and a drink of water before continuing up to the road. Another nice walk from there is to continue on the road and turn right just before the army post and head down the hill, following the old path / water pipe before emerging in the back of Yialos :D

Those shrimp pasties at Giorgios look delicious - I might have to miss the main course on my next visit and order a couple of starters for a change - though of course I will go back for the beef in metaxa ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 16 Oct 2019, 08:33

Still catching up on your latest post and another of my favourite walks and somewhere that I tend to stop and linger for a while reading my book and admiring the glorious views of Pedi and across to Yialos from the monastery :D I doubt that I would be able to see you waving from that distance either ;)

More fantastic food at Secret Garden and you really have captured the lightning really well. Can't say that I'm a fan of lightning - apart from in pictures ;) Hope the weather has dried up for you today :)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby D and E » 16 Oct 2019, 08:50

silverfox wrote:
D and E wrote:Stunning harbour photo 8-)

I just pointed and clicked!

;)

Show off :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby KN9700 » 16 Oct 2019, 14:15

My wife and I really enjoy reading the blogs of the super-bloggers Silverfox and D&E. Thanks a lot for yours writings and photoes from Symi :D .
We have talked about how many ways that you can enjoy your stay on Symi.
23 years ago a friend of ours recommended us to go to Symi, where he had been. And since then we have been there almost every year.
We are from Denmark, and a lot of Danish tourists that went to Symi then had read a wonderful book about Symi written by Ejgil Soeholm: Letters from Symi.
As we fell in love with the island and its people we started going to the same places as he had visited - and we still go to Meraklis to eat the first evening on Symi, and we have our night caps every single evening at Lefteris Cafenion in chorio, and when we are down we very often have a drink at Pachos.
Our favourite beach is Nikolaos that our friend recommended us, but we also like to go to Marina.
We like to walk to and from Nikolaos from Taxiarchis where we are very happy to stay.
We have walked on guided tours with as well Jytte as Hugo, but now we prefer to walk on our own.
We try to eat at different restaurants during our 12 days on Symi - very often a different one every evening.
And now we have already booked for September 2020.
KN9700
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby silverfox » 16 Oct 2019, 18:13

What a lovely post kn9700.. Talking to D&E they love the fact, as we do that other people get small pleasures from our ramblings. I hope you have many more great trips to this magical place.
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 17 Oct 2019, 06:38

Wednesday 16th October

Lazy Day

We are becoming very lazy so it’s well after 8am before I drag myself out of bed and start sorting yesterdays photos for the blog. After 9am I bully Liz to make breakfast and we use all the remaining bread with bacon, eggs and tomato and use the last of the coffee sachets we brought out with us. I manage to finish and upload the blog. As Liz was cooking breakfast we were joined on the kitchen window by two adorable ginger kittens who were keen to share our breakfast. Liz gave them some breakfast and one decided to join us by jumping through the window.

morn.jpg
Good Morning!

We had a quick chat with a couple who were just passing to walk up to the monastery. As I did the walk yesterday I explained the correct turning off the road. I was soon off out while Liz spent some time reading before heading out for the bus.

broom.jpg
And I thought Liz had taken the bus

church.jpg

I went up through the square and the road and then down the Kataratkis taking pictures all the way.

old.jpg
Old steps Kataratkis

old2.jpg
Kataratkis

I check to see if the music museum is open but there is no sign of life. I will try again another day or perhaps next year. I wander along to the clock tower and have a can of Fanta sat on one of the benches. I soon meet back up with Liz and we have a latte in comfy seats and notice that the Poseidon is finished for the season and the taxi boats look like they are winding down too.

clock.jpg
Clock Tower

boats.jpg
Views of the boat yard

It does seem quite busy today with day trippers as we meander all the way round to Tholos where we luckily get one of the last available tables as it fills up very quickly, with them having to turn people away. We had a wonderful spicy vegetable risotto and chicken with wine and almonds which was superb and of course we had our fix of lemon potato, I could live on Tholos lemon potatoes alone. I had a cool Fix and Liz opted for cola light.

ris.jpg
Spicy Vegatable Risotto

chick.jpg
Chicken in wine and almond with thos lovely lemon potatoes

I was fancying another beer but as people were waiting we paid up and walked back round and as usual I walked up the road and Liz was ferried up to Campos with Lakis on the yellow bus.

We had a quiet start to the afternoon with Anne sat knitting, watching Chorio village life as it happens with many locals passing with greeting of yassas, yassou or just ya! What is great to see up here is the young children playing even when it’s dark without a care in the world knowing they are safe and amongst people who really care and are so friendly.

The afternoon is slipping by in it’s usual time warp fashion as the weather decides to intervene with a very sharp period of rain and thunder which starts the waterfall effect through the steps of Lefteris and the Rainbow bar. We have our first experience of the inside of the bar!

water.jpg
Rainbow waterfall

Another relaxing afternoon was coming to an end as Liz bought cakes from the pastry shop that used to be the fruit shop to have as a snack back at number 18.

cake.jpg
Nice cake

Walking steps according to the Huawei watch so far:

Wednesday 9th – 9066 steps

Thursday 10th – 17474 steps

Friday 11th – 7879 steps

Saturday 12th – 12168 steps

Sunday 13th – 13414 steps

Monday 14th – 22081 steps

Tuesday 15th – 13032 steps

Wednesday 16th – 14550 steps

Now that deserves a Metaxa night cap!

geo.jpg
Georgios

Goodnight!
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby D and E » 17 Oct 2019, 07:08

KN9700 wrote:My wife and I really enjoy reading the blogs of the super-bloggers Silverfox and D&E. Thanks a lot for yours writings and photoes from Symi :D .
We have talked about how many ways that you can enjoy your stay on Symi.
23 years ago a friend of ours recommended us to go to Symi, where he had been. And since then we have been there almost every year.
We are from Denmark, and a lot of Danish tourists that went to Symi then had read a wonderful book about Symi written by Ejgil Soeholm: Letters from Symi.
As we fell in love with the island and its people we started going to the same places as he had visited - and we still go to Meraklis to eat the first evening on Symi, and we have our night caps every single evening at Lefteris Cafenion in chorio, and when we are down we very often have a drink at Pachos.
Our favourite beach is Nikolaos that our friend recommended us, but we also like to go to Marina.
We like to walk to and from Nikolaos from Taxiarchis where we are very happy to stay.
We have walked on guided tours with as well Jytte as Hugo, but now we prefer to walk on our own.
We try to eat at different restaurants during our 12 days on Symi - very often a different one every evening.
And now we have already booked for September 2020.

Thank you for the kind words KN9700 - we are a bit late off the mark this morning but the next “thrilling” episode will be up within the hour :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 17 Oct 2019, 09:16

Another great read with fantastic photos - those kittens are so cute and I giggled at the broom picture and take it that Liz doesn't read your blog :P I love the walk down the Kataratkis with the stunning views and it's so much easier to walk down that way than walking back up which I always find a struggle.

The cake looks delicious and knowing that there is a cake shop so close by would save me walking down to 'the scary ice cream' for my afternoon treat, though at least the walk up and down helps to burn off all those extra calories ;)

We are being really spoilt this week with 2 fantastic blogs bringing Symi to us - 11 months today I will be back ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 18 Oct 2019, 07:45

Thursday 17th October

A simple day

Waking up otn Symi is becoming a very difficult task. Maybe it’s all the beer, wine, Ouzo and Metaxa but we prefer to blame the fresh sea air that makes us sleep so well. Even the chickens, goats and the cats try their best but tend to fail. I finally get up around 8am and have a breakfast of a cheese straw and a cup of tea. Liz, when she finally drags herself into the morning, has a cake left from last night, yes she really did!

The kitten managed to break in by pushing the side window open and once fed we kicked it out, well encouraged to leave shall we say.

poms.jpg
Pomegranates on The Kali Strata

A quick shower and I’m off down the Kali Strata taking pictures as I go and one spot I like is a terrace behind one of the big ruins where you get great views of the harbour and the ruin with the church Isodia Theotokou in the background.

view.jpg
Great view

Further down into Gialos and I buy a water from the bakery at the back of the square before taking the road by the side of the Iapetos Village Hotel and up the steep hill to the cemetery. Along the path to St Georges with the breathtaking view before down the zig zag path where there a few boats moored so more photo opportunities.

view1.jpg
I can't resist walking up for this view

boat.jpg
Nice lighting

view2.jpg
Nimborio

Along the quiet road to Gialos passing a few people jogging and a couple swimming down by the rocks. I cut off to the right and up to Evangelismos and sit for a while with the views. There are so many churches on Symi and so many people are seen painting or cleaning but it’s a pity so many are locked these days.

Down past the boatyard where some of the Taxi boats are already out of the water and being powerwashed underneath with no doubt a lick of paint before the winter on Symi sets in. It is strange for us coming so late in the season to see places closed, or closing, and the locals carrying coats and hoodies.

harb.jpg
Harbour

I can see the yellow bus coming down the hill and meet up with Liz in the Comfy chairs for our latte. D&E soon come along and join us for an coffee and then Neil and Toby appeared after their daily chores. Having failed to get on a boat D&E are off to Nos for a swim and leave us with a small gift which is a very nice gesture. We do hope we bump into them before heading home but who knows as plans on Symi change in an instant.

We talk food and end up in Trata with the boys where we have the delicious Garlic Potatoes starter, Liz had Stuffed Tomatoes, I had a Giouvetsi with very tender stewed beef, Neil had Sole and Toby went for a very substantial Moussaka all washed down with white wine. A walnut cake all round on the house finished a very nice lunch.

pots.jpg
Garlic Potatoes

toms.jpg
Stuffed Tomatoes

gio.jpg
Giouvetsi

cheers.jpg
Cheers

A taxi passed me on my walk up the road with obscenities being shouted from the window by guess who? The fast power walk (all in my dreams) and I was rewarded with a nice cool beer in my Symi local. The usual laughter and discussions take place and the time slips away as ever.

When Yianni returned from his siesta he tried to teach Neil how to make a Magarita for Anne – what is surprising is that he found any mint left out the back as each time I went to the toilet a pinched a few leaves to feed Liz. It save on the Taverna bills!

2 men collect a beer fridge first from Lefteris Bar and then take one from the Rainbow, we have either worn them out or they are hinting I should return to England?

mythos.jpg
Hint?

We decide on a snack night so buy some sausages and bread rolls and make hot dogs with fried onion. Liz reads and I try to remember the days events.

14215 steps so I’ve poured myself a Metaxa

Yammas from Symi
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 18 Oct 2019, 08:27

I'm a cake lover but not sure even I would want cake for breakfast :P

Wow, that's am impressive step count, you've certainly earned all that delicious food - that giouvetsi looks excellent and I'm drooling at the potatoes too. Another wonderful blog :D
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Thomasdk » 18 Oct 2019, 17:43

Can't you guys just settle down on Symi? I'd love to get daily updates like these, assisted by the lovely photos each day, 365 a year. :)
Especially those food photos, just by looking at them it's like being there and most of the time I can even tell which restaurant they're from.
Haven't been for 2 years and it'll be yet another year before I'm able to go, at the earliest. So, I'm still very appreciative of your "blogging" here. :)
Thomasdk
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports