Go fourth to Symi

Archived trip reports

Re: Go fourth to Symi

Postby Pollychops » 06 Jul 2018, 15:04

silverfox wrote:@Pollychops Great news! Looking forward to you sharing a little of your time with us on Symi! :)

@D&E Most of the pictures are from my Samsung Galaxy S8 or Nickon Coolpix B700. The weird pics are from a Insta 360 One which gives you very mixed results.

And we look forward to the masters at work in September with a very foody blog no doubt! :)

You know us too well....we have already been looking at next year but we can't do the normal weeks :(

If you cant do June/July we would suggest September, we always visited in June but last year tried Sept and it was a better time for us, not as hot but the water was lovely.
I have been looking at buying a new camera and was torn between a Digital SLR or a Bridge version. I think you have convinced me to go for the Bridge version as the results you have on yours are fantastic. I am not an expert on photography and having the SLR I would have to carry all the bits that go with it so the Bridge may be a better option for me. I also use my mobile as I have a good camera on that too.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Re: Go fourth to Symi

Postby silverfox » 06 Jul 2018, 15:42

"If you cant do June/July we would suggest September, we always visited in June but last year tried Sept and it was a better time for us, not as hot but the water was lovely.
I have been looking at buying a new camera and was torn between a Digital SLR or a Bridge version. I think you have convinced me to go for the Bridge version as the results you have on yours are fantastic. I am not an expert on photography and having the SLR I would have to carry all the bits that go with it so the Bridge may be a better option for me. I also use my mobile as I have a good camera on that too"

We are looking at September and also other Islands (shocked i've said that) as I still like the adventure of a new place. I would do both but i'm very restricted on time off work so it would be difficult to have 2 full holidays a year.

The B700 is not the best quality but has an amazing zoom. There are so many to choose from so it does depend on the pictures you like to take. See pic below of the moon from the new jetty on Wednesday morning as we left and another shot of the cat stand off in the Rainbow last week.

DSCN4227.jpg

Stand Off.jpg
Cat stand off in the Rainbow....the black one won with the white one walking off in slow motion
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Previous

Return to Trip Reports