Bring On The Stifado

Archived trip reports

Re: Bring On The Stifado

Postby Pollychops » 16 Oct 2015, 14:26

Hi D&E, thank you for putting on your travels yet again, I thought it was fantastic following you both during your holiday, as always the way you write makes it feel that I am there sharing the experience with you. Certainly Tholos and Odyssia are our best choice of eating places. I am glad you arrived home safely and look forward to next May. Thank you.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Val » 16 Oct 2015, 15:26

I echo all Pollychops comments and have always looked forward to your daily blog from Symi.
However, this year for me it has taken on a greater significance. With my son in hospital with serious head injuries and other major injuries as a result of an accident life has been pretty grim over the past two weeks. Your blog has kept me going and my spirits up. There has been little time for any relaxation but believe me I have so looked forward to each episode of your splendid journal.

Happily this week my son has turned the corner and each day has brought a massive improvement in his condition. I cannot praise too highly the staff at Newcastle RVI and the wonderful Northumberland Air Ambulance Team and Paramedics who saved his life, but you too are due a huge thank you for helping me through and keeping me sane. We are already booked in for Symi next September so I hope our paths cross and I get to thank you into person. What's more you have such a talent for writing you really should pursue it. Each episode has got better and better just like the delicious food you describe. Thank You D & E. X
Val
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Allan » 16 Oct 2015, 19:33

And I echo all the complimentary comments. In fact I'd like to thank all the members here who have taken the time to post reports of their Symi holidays. Holiday reports/blogs are by far the most popular topics on the forum and as well as being entertaining reading, I've tried different eating places as a result of the recommendations.

These reports are so popular with forum users I intend to create another category in the archive just for them. I'll get on with that in the next few days and move this topic to the archive in a little while once people have finished replying.

Val: I'm so sorry to hear your awful news, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you just now. It's good to know your son is making progress and I hope it continues.

My thoughts are with you.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sootyandsweep » 16 Oct 2015, 22:30

I also hope Val your son continues to make good progress and to D&E - i will so miss your blogs. Bet Greyham was pleased to see you!!!! 8-)
sootyandsweep
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 17 Oct 2015, 08:54

I have loved your blog and am so sorry that your holiday has come to an end. I've never eaten at Tholos, a week on Symi often turns into only 6 nights with 6 tavernas, but am definitely putting it on the agenda for next year :D

Val, I'm so glad that your son is recovering and hope he continues to recover and is back home with his family before long x

As another Symi season comes to an end thanks to Allan for his great photos and looking after the webcam, Adriana for her great blog and everybody who posts reports and photos for making this such a great site :D
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby silverfox » 17 Oct 2015, 15:10

What a superb blog with all of us just wishing we were on Symi enjoying those days with you.

Many thanks for your time and efforts and all that pain eating and drinking so much! :)

If (when) we go next I will do another blog too!

:D
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby D and E » 19 Oct 2015, 06:58

Many, many thanks for all the lovely comments and especially to Val whose last comment touched our hearts - so very happy to read that your son is on the mend - it would be so nice if our paths did cross on Symi.

Today is the first day back at work after 3 weeks so had better make a move :(
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby silverfox » 21 Oct 2015, 19:19

Just booked for next year so I will bore you all with another blog not quite as good as this one! We just can't eat that much! ;)

First time we've ever returned to a holiday destination!

:D
silverfox
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Allan » 22 Oct 2015, 19:10

I'm pleased you have booked for Symi again Silverfox.
I was sure you would enjoy it but you did say you'd visited a lot of Greek islands and never gone back to the same one twice so I expected it might be the same with Symi. It's good to know the Symi Bug has bitten you as hard as the rest of us. :)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Trip Reports