If it's May .....

Archived trip reports

Re: If it's May .....

Postby Gemma1 » 03 Jun 2015, 07:39

silverfox wrote:Thanks for the daily updates!

I'm considering trying a similar diary from a Symi newbie. Not sure if we will be interesting enough.

:)

I usually do a trip report, if people don't like it they don't have to read it ;-) I especially enjoy reading about all the lovely meals that D and E have though apart from when I had the meze at Secret Garden last year (very nice) my meals aren't half as interesting as usually just consist of a main course.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby D and E » 03 Jun 2015, 15:25

Allan wrote:Just the one small retsina D&E? ;)

Allan - when art overcomes reality :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby D and E » 03 Jun 2015, 15:35

Gemma1 wrote:
silverfox wrote:Thanks for the daily updates!

I'm considering trying a similar diary from a Symi newbie. Not sure if we will be interesting enough.

:)

I usually do a trip report, if people don't like it they don't have to read it ;-) I especially enjoy reading about all the lovely meals that D and E have though apart from when I had the meze at Secret Garden last year (very nice) my meals aren't half as interesting as usually just consist of a main course.

Hi Gemma - we do chose most of our mezes from the starters menu and our last trip was with friends so that allowed us to order some mains for the four of us to dig into. Our last three nights included my sister and her husband so with six of us we really went for it. In October when there is just the two of us we find five starters (maybe one main mixed in) to be our max. Salivating at the thought as I type. I am not sure if the restaurant above the gym (name escapes me as we haven't been for a few years) is still going but it used to do a taster menu where lovely starter size portions just kept coming until you shouted stop.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Colette » 03 Jun 2015, 16:12

HI D&E,

Stavros is still there on the roof above the gym ( I expect to have some lovely meals there in the not too distant future) he also now has the downstairs taverna which used to be Mr Tasty's and very good it is too. I'm off to Symi next Wednesday for 3 weeks so will be sampling all Symi has to offer. Like you my evenings usually start at the Rainbow whether eating "up" or "down" and end at either the Secret Garden or the Sunrise - sometimes both!! Allan, looking forward to seeing you and Julie .
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Pollychops » 03 Jun 2015, 20:44

D&E, it's a relief to eventually find out that you have mostly starters than main courses. Having read your last few trips and salivating over your meals I always thought we couldn't get through all of the courses in one sitting. It's makes sense now that you have starters, I was going to ask but felt it may have been too rude to do so.
We will certainly try that approach when we visit in June.....silly really but it really makes good sense having lots of little bits.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Previous

Return to Trip Reports