It's May so it must be Symi

Archived trip reports

Postby D and E » 28 May 2014, 08:22

Hi Gemma1 : there were singles as well as couples on the trip and after the first photo stop everyone was chatting : after the lunchtime ouzo's and retsina everyone was best friends :-)
Hi JuliaB : hope you found the photo of E and the goat : enjoy your second week.
Hi Pollychops : yes we also and do something new each visit but it took us about 10 years until we ventured to Marathounda on a taxi boat ! - as we say "avrio"
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby D and E » 28 May 2014, 08:32

So here we are on the last day : the early morning Dodek has sailed and we are heading down for breakfast.
We spent yesterday at Nimborio but taking the taxi boat instead of walking.
The sea is warming up - anyway that's what I told our crew !
Lunch was the fabulous Mousaka, smelts (small fish) and tatziki.
A taxi to Chorio for ouzo was followed by what is traditional now - the last night is like the first - Giorgios - where we had stuffed tomato and peppers; bourataki; spinach balls; lemon chicken; cheese, ham and tomato small pies.
Well that's it for another visit : we will spend the day around Yialos, have a lunch somewhere and then head off on the 16:30.
As ever it has been wonderful food, wonderful weather, wonderful company (thank you H and P) and wonderful Symi and its people.
Home to plan the next visit.
Yasou
:)
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby NeilAmanda » 28 May 2014, 13:04

When does the diet start?

Glad that you had a great time... thanks for all the tips regarding the restaurants. We can't wait only 4 weeks to go!

Regards

Neil Amanda
NeilAmanda
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Val » 28 May 2014, 17:42

So sad that your holiday is over. Reading your daily report was definitely the next best thing to being there D and E. Thank you so much for sharing your holiday with us. Your reports have been outstanding and without doubt the best thread ever. Good wishes for a safe and uneventful journey home to Wales and fingers crossed when you arrive you'll have brought the sunshine with you, because you certainly brought it into our lives on a daily basis via your writing...and when I started reading it I was still in Greece myself! You kept that holiday glow going a little longer and I'll miss it. So a Big Thank You to you.
Val
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 29 May 2014, 07:35

I've really enjoyed reading your daily reports - especially as the weather has been so awful the past few days. It's wet and miserable here again today and the heating is back on! Hope you bring some of that Symi sunshine back to the UK with you ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Pollychops » 29 May 2014, 11:25

D and E many thanks for your fantastic posts, its been an absolute pleasure looking forward to your daily updates. It makes this forum all the better and fills us with excitment on our forthcoming visit. We have taken on board all of the restaraunts you visited ansd there are a number we have not visited but intend to do so. The list has been made its now just deciding on the day which one we choose. We hope you have had a safe journey home.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Previous

Return to Trip Reports