Kindles

Archived useful topics that don't fit anywhere else!

Kindles

Postby SueO » 14 May 2012, 08:02

Thanks - no need to pack paperbacks just for the plane then. Looking forward to doing whatever in Mallorca but Symi is still the 'love of our life' and September seems a long way off. We do need a break now though and hopefully we won't be wishing the summer (???) away quite so much this year once we've had an early sunshine and fresh air boost. No swimming though - I suspect the sea will still be rather chilly but much prettier than Scarborough (our nearest 'beach' resort!)
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Kindles

Postby snapperjon » 14 May 2012, 10:00

Allan wrote:
No problem Sue. I use mine on the plane with no trouble at all. They are probably counted as 'electronic devices' so shouldn't be used during takeoff and landing but otherwise you're fine.

Hope you have a good time drinking walking in Mallorca!

Absolutely. We fly quite a bit, and the Kindle has made this far more bearable. Just turn it off when asked, as Allan says.
snapperjon
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Kindles

Postby skeetes » 14 May 2012, 14:33

We've been to Symi quite a few times now and I've never thought of book swapping - what a good idea especially with the weight restrictions now imposed by the budget airlines. We'll bring and leave some in the forementioned bars when we come in August. What a perfect excuse for going to the bar :-D
skeetes
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Kindles

Postby snoopy2 » 14 May 2012, 23:51

8-) Skeetes i take books in - up to weight restriction - and take back Metaxa instead of books. - Now that is what i think is a dashed good idea!!!! :geek:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Kindles

Postby Glen » 24 May 2012, 14:21

i love my kindle. goes everywhere with me now. and the brighter the sun the easier it is to read (never used it in extreme heat before though) It also charges quite happliy off my solar "freeloader" charger, mot that it ever needs charging much and the fact that you can do rudimenatary web browsing on it is a godsend. i can check me webmail without spending a fortune on roaming data charges.

Most importanlty it's light and small . Previoulsy i would take 3 or 4 books in my backpack which took up far too much space and weight and have them finished in just a few days.

Glen
Glen
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous