Pedi to Chorio

Archived posts about beaches, sightseeing, entertainment....

Pedi to Chorio

Postby snoopy2 » 19 Jul 2010, 14:28

Last year used the bus now and again (ahem - only a small lie) from Yalios instead of climbing the Kali Strata. Always got off at Chorio. This year staying in Pedi. Meant to be a 10 - 15 minute walk from Pedi to Chorio - is this true? And will I need to take a torch for the road back to Pedi?
I of course mean at night not during the day!!!Doh
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Pedi to Chorio

Postby JuliaB » 19 Jul 2010, 16:06

The walk down can be done in 10-15 mins if you're really striding out though we tend to take 20-25 mins to amble down from Anastasia Apts. The time taken also depends on your starting point in Chorio. The walk up the hill from Pedi takes a bit longer . . . even with an ice cream from the kiosk as an encouragement. Haven't ever done the walk in the evening but would imagine a torch is advisable.
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Pedi to Chorio

Postby snoopy2 » 19 Jul 2010, 18:05

8-) Thanks JulieB - just can't trust these walk times in books - can you. I thought it would be a bit longer than 10 - 15 minutes up hill!!! If i go quiet after 10 September you can gather that we lost our path - landed up in a little taverna no-one else has ever discovered and are going to live to 150 hidden in the hills between Chorio and Pedi - think the place is called Nirvana. :)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Pedi to Chorio

Postby maziemoo » 19 Jul 2010, 19:16

I've done the walk up from Pedi to Chorio snoopy2....takes about 20-25 minutes at a steady pace......of course you could always catch the bus up and take a slow walk back :)

Although I seem to recall there being some lighting it's probably advisable to take a torch especially if you're under the influence of an ouzo haze
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Pedi to Chorio

Postby Kojak » 19 Jul 2010, 23:00

I used to do the walk from Pedi to Chorio in about 20 minutes but I was MUCH MUCH younger! A lot depends on what time of year you do it also. Allow for frequent stops in July and August. The Valanidia was a taverna in those days, handily placed for a refreshment stop halfway up! :D The road is pretty well lit these days.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Pedi to Chorio

Postby snoopy2 » 19 Jul 2010, 23:29

8-) Thanks for all your responses. Daughter and myself intend to walk to beaches and from Pedi to Chorio of an evening after we have had dinner at the Pedi Hotel. This is in an effort on my part to turn back the ravages of time and lose the blubber i carry while daughter has slimmed down so much in the past few months she will probably return as a stick insect. However last year the grand plan was to go up as well as come down the Kali Strata every day soooo - the bus might see more of us than we think. 8-)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Pedi to Chorio

Postby D and E » 24 Jul 2010, 17:15

We do miss the mid-point stop taverna that used to be on the Pedi - Chorio road : made the walk up almost desirable. We did pop into Bloom the visit before last but felt that we reduced the average age considerably !!! There is a lovely new bar just down from Zoes which we visited in May (stopping point before reaching The Rainbow) - nice terrace with wonderful views down into the Pedi Valley. Like many others we have grown to appreciate and know Lakis much better as the years have progressed and thankfully his bus now has air con.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Pedi to Chorio

Postby Colette » 28 Jul 2010, 18:44

Valanidia, Ian used to do welcome meetings there when he was the Manos rep. I know a man who knows about the walk from Chorio to Pedi after dark but it means I'll just have to nip over to the local pub to ask if a torch is needed ........ be back soon
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Pedi to Chorio

Postby Colette » 28 Jul 2010, 20:19

I'm back, and the answer is that the Pedi road is lit and that they didn't need a torch for late night returns to the Pedi Beach hotel, just time for a ouzo fuelled meander.However I'm not allowed to divulge the name of my informant in case you trip up in the shadow of a tree and sue him - the dreaded H and S elf is everywhere!Have a great time :)
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to What to do