It's off the bucket list

Archived posts about beaches, sightseeing, entertainment....

It's off the bucket list

Postby Pollychops » 03 Jul 2014, 22:01

Well, I did it and it's now off my bucket list. This morning we walked down the Kali and just off to the left hand side of the clock tower, we inflated the kayak, I then boarded then launched into the unknown. Calm water helped and gently paddled around Nos Beach to some applause which was nice and then turned left, the water was very kind to me as it must have known I was a little nervous. Kim followed on foot and I did hear some calls and whistles during my journey, unfortunately I did not have my spectacles on so couldn't see her up high on the hills, and they are high. It took me just under the hour and was surprised to see that I got there before Kim. I was greeted my Maria which was lovely and she told me she has never had anyone paddle round for lunch. Kim arrived 2 mins later and we enjoyed the day chilling out and had a superb lunch as usual at Maria's. I then left at 5pm thinking it would take me around the hour however, wind assisted it took 35 mins and the last 1km was very tricky and scary as the wind was up as was the swell, a couple of near misses on capsizing I managed to get to the turn of Nos beach and a great relief was felt. More applause from the beach and the final straight was before me, so final push was made and a perfect landing against the jetty. Disembarked, deflated the kayak, back in the bag and off for a well earned Mythos.
We are staying at Taxiarchis and Frank has let me store the kayak on his boat so no need to get it back up to Chorio. As I said at the start it has been on my bucket list since our first visit and have managed to do it on our sixth. Kim has taken some photos and will post them when we get back home.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

It's off the bucket list

Postby Gemma1 » 04 Jul 2014, 08:23

Glad you got there and back safely - though the last part of your journey sounds a bit scary so think I'll stick to walking ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

It's off the bucket list

Postby Pollychops » 04 Jul 2014, 16:39

No kayaking today, the wind is up and rough seas, it looked like all of the taxi boats didn't go out either. Managed to walk to Nimborio instead and my foot held up.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

It's off the bucket list

Postby Pollychops » 21 Jul 2014, 18:07

Help needed please, I am trying to put on a couple of photos of my kayaking to Nimborio. How do I do it?
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

It's off the bucket list

Postby Allan » 22 Jul 2014, 23:29

You need to use the 'Insert Picture' icon (It's the small yellow icon above the word 'Color' in the 'Reply to topic' window.)

To be honest, it's a real pain caused by this awful old-fashioned software and there's nothing we can do to change that.

A much simpler solution is to send the pictures to me and I'll do the messy stuff for you.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

It's off the bucket list

Postby Pollychops » 23 Jul 2014, 12:11

Thanks Allan,

I will email them to you.

And here are the pictures. I've put them into your post Polychops so they appear under your name rather than mine. I thought you'd prefer that. ;)

Allan

Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

It's off the bucket list

Postby Gemma1 » 24 Jul 2014, 07:55

Great pictures :)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

It's off the bucket list

Postby Colette » 24 Jul 2014, 14:48