Dodekanisos Express tickets

Archived posts about getting to and from Symi

Postby ElleJay » 23 Aug 2010, 15:35

Hiya

Me again, we are planning to catch the Dodekanisos Pride at 08:30 on Sunday 5 September. What's the best way to get the tickets? On line? or at the harbour? Can we buy them in Rhodes town at all? As we are in Rhodes from Wed to Saturday we could easily buy them beforehand.

Any advise appreciated.

Thank you

ElleJay :-)
ElleJay
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Andy W » 23 Aug 2010, 16:40

The Dodekanisos boats leave from Kolonna Harbour, and there is a ticket office right where they moor. Most people will buy tickets there on the morning of departure, which opens about 7.30 am. However there are lots of travel agencies around the New Town area of Rhodes and almost all of them will be able to sell you tickets in advance. If you want to book on line you can do, and then pick up the tickets from the Kolonna ticket office on the day.
Andy W
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby ElleJay » 23 Aug 2010, 18:50

Many thanks for that Andy, think we will get the tickets in Rhodes before departure.

Kind regards

ElleJay :-)
ElleJay
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby nicola » 28 Aug 2010, 10:27

Hi
We'll be leaving Symi on 9th October, probably on the 17:45 Dodekanisos Pride. Are these ferry departure times reliable? We have a late evening flight to catch from Rhodes and want to be sure we're back on Rhodes in time. Can't wait to be in Symi in four weeks time!!!
nicola
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Allan » 28 Aug 2010, 11:04

Hi Nicola

Ferry times, particularly for the Dodekanisos boats, are pretty reliable. However, this is Greece! ;)

Breakdowns and the weather can affect the schedules so you should keep an eye on things and check with the ticket agents on Symi while you're there.

Have a fantastic time on Symi.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby nicola » 28 Aug 2010, 22:42

Thanks Allan, we'll book, take your advice, and keep an eye on things.
nicola
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Jan » 31 Aug 2010, 14:37

There's currently a 10% discount available for booking Dodek tickets online and a generous 50% if you book - I think - a week or more ahead. Paymnt is online via credit or debit card, in euros.

In Rhodes you can collect your tickets from the office at Kolona; in Symi from the Symi Tours office. I wish I'd known about this sooner as I've just missed out on the 50% for our outbound tickets (next Monday, gloat gloat) but achieved it for our return.
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby MrsMcS » 31 Aug 2010, 14:56

Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost on the Dodecanese Express to go to and from Symi? Just wondering for next year as although doing a package with Thomas Cook will probably try and get the 3 o'clockish Dodec Express (if still running) rather than hang about.
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Jan » 31 Aug 2010, 15:10

It's currently 15euros each full fare, so only 7.5 if you're an early online booker.
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Allan » 31 Aug 2010, 22:46

Thanks for that tip Jan. I'd spotted the 10% online discount but not the 50% one (it's well hidden isn't it?).

Like you I only got the 50% on the return crossing but it's still saved enough for six Mythos. ;)
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jan » 01 Sep 2010, 10:38

So Pachos will be doing well - as usual - from both us and you, Allan.

I only found the discount when checking schedules for friends who will be calling into Symi en route from Lipsi to Rhodes. They'll be saving over 40euros between them - and I shall be first in the queue to help them spend it.
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby MrsMcS » 01 Sep 2010, 14:29

Thanks Jan. No doubt the fares will have gone up by next year, but gives us an idea of what the prices are likely to be. Unfortunately cannot take up the good offer this year, but will keep an eye in case they do the same thing next year.
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby snapperjon » 01 Sep 2010, 20:24

Hmph! I didn't see the 50% when I booked a couple of tickets for next week! Got the 10% though, so have saved enough for one Mythos.
snapperjon
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Allan » 01 Sep 2010, 21:54

I guess it depends on how far in advance you book Jon. My Rhodes-Symi tickets are for two weeks time and they were at 10% discount but the return trip two weeks later came up as 50% off. Actually, it gave the option of choosing between 10% or 50% :o

Normally I wouldn't dream of booking so far in advance but hey, six Mythos is not to be sniffed at!

Well, you could.....

Pleased to hear you saved enough for my one Mythos though.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Travel