Rhodes for the night

Archived posts about getting to and from Symi

Rhodes for the night

Postby sugardens » 20 Jan 2012, 23:31

I see that staying at the Plaza is a bit of a luxury nowadays! :cry: Any suggestions for alternative? :)
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Rhodes for the night

Postby jane and rich » 21 Jan 2012, 09:30

try the Mitsis La Vita.Can be incredibly cheap and usually includes an evening meal taken next door at the Mitsis Grand which is well worth having.Good position too.
jane and rich
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Rhodes for the night

Postby Oor Willie » 21 Jan 2012, 12:00

last few times we needed to overnight in Rhodes we stayed in the Karina in the new town fairly basic but fine for an overnight and close to loads of eating places and bars, booked through travel republic we have never paid more than €20 for B and B for two
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Rhodes for the night

Postby Kojak » 21 Jan 2012, 13:14

I stayed at the Hermes on the way there and back in November. Price for B and B was €30. Breakfast was a good help yourself buffet. I did an internet search and there weren't many cheaper unless you went much further away from the town centre.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Rhodes for the night

Postby ola » 22 Jan 2012, 16:51

I've used the Hermes for years and allways found it friendly, cheap and clean. Nothing fancy, no luxuries but it has a good location close to the New Market (Indigo and Symi), the Mandraki and a just short walk from Kolona. Recomended!
ola
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Rhodes for the night

Postby snapperjon » 08 Apr 2012, 09:13

Another (qualified) vote for the Carina (Karina?). We had booked the International, but had to be moved when we go there last September. We went back by choice on our way home, and may well use it next time. We would probably not use it for a long stay in Rhodes, but for a short night, it fitted the bill. Very very basic, but clean and friendly and well situated. It cost us around €32 for the room. Breakfast was included, but well, you can probably imagine. We went to the Fish-Lettuce kafenion (or Koykos if you want to be pedantic)instead, which is brilliant for a snack.
snapperjon
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Rhodes for the night

Postby sugardens » 09 Apr 2012, 12:28

:) prices dropping at the Plaza so may well go back there as we like it so much....
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Rhodes for the night

Postby Jan » 11 Apr 2012, 17:25

See Regina's enquiry on this forum and my reply. I get the impression that you know Rhodes quite well so being a bit off the beaten track wouldn't be a problem for you.

Actually almost anywhere booked via an agency like Travelrepublic, alpharooms, bookings.com etc etc will probably be OK for a night if you arrive late and leave early. We've overnighted in some pretty odd places over the years and survived.

Jan
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Rhodes for the night

Postby peterv » 11 Apr 2012, 20:03

On the rare occasions (3) I have had to stay overnight in Rhodes, I have used booking.com and in August 2011 managed to get a room for less than €30 close to the old town.
peterv
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Rhodes for the night

Postby Kojak » 11 Apr 2012, 23:34

On my last visit in November I booked the Hermes through booking.com. It does give you a good choice of hotels and prices.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Rhodes for the night

Postby sainttheresa » 12 Apr 2012, 21:25

the international was very good close to mandraki bed breakfast 33pound for 2 people.
sainttheresa
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Rhodes for the night

Postby Oor Willie » 20 Apr 2012, 17:31

As the ferries are a bit uncertain I thought I'd check out some prices for an overnight in Rhodes in June and my old favourite the Carina is coming up on Travel Republic at €8.00 a head for B and B, as Snapperjon says I wouldn't consider it for a long stay but for an overnight I have no worries, rooms are clean, staff were friendly and the bar opens late what more do you need
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Travel