Hotel in Athens?

Archived posts about getting to and from Symi

Hotel in Athens?

Postby SueO » 28 Jan 2014, 11:20

Not really a question about Symi but I thought Symi regulars might have some ideas. We're staying in Symi for our usual two weeks at the end of September. Being fed up with rubbish flights (Manchester - Rodos), thought we might take a little longer and fly to Athens first, spend a couple of days there, then take the Blue Star to Symi. So - can anyone suggest a decent hotel in Athens? We'd like to be fairly central and, while we're not looking for the height of luxury, we're prepared to pay for somewhere nice. All suggestions welcome!
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Hotel in Athens?

Postby Colette » 28 Jan 2014, 11:28

Hi Sue, I've stayed at the Herodion Hotel which is near the Acropolis and Plaka, it was very pleasant with the added luxury of a rooftop sun terrace and hot tubs with lovely views of the Parthenon. Also easy access by public transport from the airport with only one metro change.
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Hotel in Athens?

Postby Kon » 28 Jan 2014, 11:47

Hi Sue I stayed in the Electra Palace in Athens and basically you walk out the door and onto the plaka ,where all the shops and taverns/bars are ,its on the luxury side but worth those few extra Euros.In the evening you can sit on the roof top pool and bar area and watch the Acropolis all lit up.
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Hotel in Athens?

Postby SueO » 28 Jan 2014, 18:17

Thanks Kon and Colette - I'll have a look at both of those.
SueO
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Hotel in Athens?

Postby snoopy2 » 28 Jan 2014, 23:20

:?: SuoO - will be interested in your findings as i will be in Athens end of September!! :?:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Hotel in Athens?

Postby Adriana » 05 Feb 2014, 08:40

In November Nicholas and I stayed at the Omiron which is only about a block away from Syntagma and easy walking distance to everywhere - shops, Benaki Museum, Acropolis, new Acropolis Museum etcetera. In a quiet side street so no passing traffic noise. That was 60 euros per night for the two of us including breakfast.
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Hotel in Athens?

Postby Tove » 25 Feb 2014, 07:08

We always use Attalos or Cecil at Athinai Street, very close to Monistiraki and the metro. Good view to Akropolis from the roof terrace and reasonable prices
Tove
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Hotel in Athens?

Postby mikegadd » 28 Feb 2014, 17:48

We often stay at the Museum Hotel. http://www.museum-hotel.gr/A stone's throw from the wonderful Archeological Museum and walkable from Omonia etc. Will cost about 60 Euros in September.
mikegadd
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Travel