Looking for a west facing balcony

Archived posts about accommodation on Symi

Postby franc » 21 Aug 2008, 12:04

Good morning; I have just joined the Symi visitor website; We went to Halki last year and loved it; through the Halki website we found this one and Symi looks lovely.

We are looking at booking a week next September. One of the things we love on our Greek holidays is sitting on our balcony in the evening before going out to dinner - and always try to find a west-facing apartment, for the sunset, the last rays of the sun, etc.

Does anyone know of some accommodation which would give us that? Obviously a sea-view as well would be great, but we enjoy looking out over the countryside too.

I hope somebody can help here.

Thanks very much.
Franc
franc
Starting Visitor

Postby Allan » 21 Aug 2008, 12:34

Hello Franc and welcome to the chat page.

Much of the accommodation on Symi is clustered round the three sides of the harbour, facing north, east and south!

However, some of the properties high up in Chorio, particularly the ones near the windmills give wonderful views over the harbour and towards the west. Have a look at the views on the Symi Visitor Accommodation pages for instance.

If you want countryside views then properties looking over the Pedi valley might suit you. for instance. You won't get the sunsets from that direction but the sunrises are spectacular apparently (I'm never up that early!).

If you email Wendy or call her on 0030 22460 71785 you'll get all the friendly advice you need.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby franc » 21 Aug 2008, 13:25

They both look wonderful Allan; thanks very much; and I will email Wendy.
franc
Starting Visitor

Postby Glen » 06 Oct 2008, 13:29

The last rays of sun always hit the Pitini area of the harbour and the windmills because of their height if that's any help
Glen
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Return to Accommodation