How far is Taxiarchis from the Anastasia

Archived posts about accommodation on Symi

Postby Gemma1 » 30 Jun 2012, 10:09

I've been reading the excellent reviews on the Taxiarchis and whilst it's a bit more expensive than the Anastasia it's cheaper than the accommodation on Halki and it has wifi (I know I'm sad :oops: ). I was wondering where it is in relation to the Anastasia and the Sunrise as can't remembering passing it on my walks?

Still doing research for next September ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby Adriana » 30 Jun 2012, 10:36

If you usually stay at the Anastasia you would be looking at the Taxiarchis as part of your view :-) It is down a little lane from the bus stop at Kampos. When you come up from Pedi on the bus you look at it from the bottom as the bus swings round the bend by the technical high school. The lower boundary of the hotel grounds is open fields so lovely views :-)
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Colette » 30 Jun 2012, 16:22

Gemma, they are the 2 blocks of pastel coloured buildings that you can see from Anastasia, set back across the road.You can get there from the street inbetween Ringo's and the Campos supermarket, or from a lane below.Very nice accomodation and Frank is very welcoming and helpful.So, easy access to the village 8-)
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 30 Jun 2012, 18:08

Thanks for the replies Adriana and Colette. I've just been browsing through the photos I took from my beautiful balcony on my last visit but don't think they include it. It sounds quite close so I will suss it out and have a look round when I'm at the Anastasia in 11 weeks and 4 days - not that I'm counting or anything ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby JuliaB » 30 Jun 2012, 23:05

Are you at Anastasia for two weeks, Gemma? We arrive there on 26th September and can point out Taxiarchis as we've been there too. Slightly longer walk down to Yialos but excellent accommodation.
JuliaB
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Allan » 30 Jun 2012, 23:58

Gemma, this is a picture of Taxiarchis taken from a property quite close to Anastasia.

You'll probably recognise the view.

It looks to be in the middle of nowhere but it's no more than a couple of minutes walk (downhill!) from the bus stop at Campos and probably less than five minutes from the Sunrise (depending on how late it is ;) )

The owner is a genuinely nice bloke, the WiFi works fine and, as Adriana says, the views are lovely.

What more could you ask?
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Adriana » 01 Jul 2012, 07:57

And because it is set back in a side street it is very quiet with little traffic noise. :)
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby Gemma1 » 01 Jul 2012, 09:25

JuliaB wrote:
Are you at Anastasia for two weeks, Gemma? We arrive there on 26th September and can point out Taxiarchis as we've been there too. Slightly longer walk down to Yialos but excellent accommodation.

I'm only there for a week unfortunately Julia.

Thanks for the photos Allan, I'll definitely be able to find it :)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Accommodation