October

Archived posts about accommodation on Symi

October

Postby scubabug » 23 Jul 2009, 15:24

Hi there, I'm new on here and am after a bit of advise. We are getting married early October and are looking for a honeymoon destination. We have been to Halki many times before and want to try Symi for a change. The first thing we need to know is what the weather will be like at this time of year? and also if anyone can recommend any suitably romantic accomodation (we don't mind travelling independantly)

Yours Hopefully!

Pete.
scubabug
Starting Visitor

October

Postby Allan » 23 Jul 2009, 15:35

Hi Pete, welcome to the chat page.

The weather in October should be fine. Perhaps cool in the evenings and there may be a shower or two but otherwise it's likely to be good.

As regards accommodation I'd recommend you look at the Symi Visitor accommodation pages: and then drop an email to Wendy at to see what they have available for your dates.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

October

Postby maziemoo » 24 Jul 2009, 00:23

Welcome Pete/Scubabug

Perhaps it's just my perception but I think Symi is a very romantic place full stop.

About 10 months ago I caught up with someone who was my first boyfriend...wont tell you how far back that was but as we exchanged details of how we'd moved through our lives, we discovered that we'd both discovered Symi at some point. He described how the island has this strange effect on people which unwittingly draws them into making romantic declarations...after 6 years in his relationship and much dithering, on their visit he decided to 'pop the question'.

I think you will be hard pushed to find somewhere that isn't romantic however I hope that you manage to find the place that offers that little something extra to you both. I'm sure that Wendy or Adriana will be able to help you find such a special location.
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

October

Postby scubabug » 25 Jul 2009, 10:15

Thanks for the advise guys, has anyone stayed at the Iapetos Hotel?
Any reviews?
scubabug
Starting Visitor

October

Postby sainttheresa » 25 Jul 2009, 18:06

hi Pete we have stayed at the lapetos and it was excellent the staff were brilliant and the apartments were first class and you are central for everything.Also the Pedi Beach hotel is very good.
sainttheresa
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

October

Postby maziemoo » 25 Jul 2009, 19:46

I haven't stayed there but was given a peek into some of the empty apartments and they looked very nice.

Can recommend the garden as a nice place for sitting in the sunshine with a drink though and not too expensive either
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

October

Postby Allan » 25 Jul 2009, 20:59

Hi Pete

If a hotel is your 'thing', as opposed to apartments or a house then, if you want to push the boat out for a special occasion (and I think a honeymoon counts as special!) you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere better than Iapetos.

It's new and as Maz says the gardens are very nice and a pleasant place to sit in the sunshine with a cooling drink.

The pool is small but it looks very inviting.

I haven't stayed there but I did blag a tour of a couple of the rooms and they look smart and well appointed.

Iapetos has been discussed here a few times in the past and if you use the search facility, top right, you should be able to track down the posts.

The Nireus hotel at the harbour entrance is another possibility or if you prefer to be in Chorio you might want to consider Hotel Fiona with its panoramic views of the harbour.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

October

Postby Adriana » 26 Jul 2009, 09:46

One thing though, for first time visitors, is that as the hotel is on flat ground at the back of the harbour, it does not have sea views and for many people that is an important requirement for their dream holiday. But if you can't cope with climbing the steps that views on Symi so often entail, the level access is a blessing.
Adriana
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Accommodation