Toothache!!

Chat about anything else

Toothache!!

Postby sugardens » 13 Aug 2010, 10:37

Is there a dentist on Symi? I know there's a doctor and pharmacy but do you have to go to Rhodes for dental treatment? :D
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Toothache!!

Postby Kon » 13 Aug 2010, 10:42

There is and i think his name is Dr Ouzo he makes all the pain go away.... :D
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Toothache!!

Postby Allan » 13 Aug 2010, 10:48

There are very good dentists on Symi Su so you've nothing to fear, you can risk that extra helping of sticky toffee pudding. :D
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Toothache!!

Postby snoopy2 » 16 Aug 2010, 10:28

I asked the same sort of question last year Sugardens and Adriana it was i think assured me that the island is well served for dentists and for that matter clinics as well! :D
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Toothache!!

Postby Jan » 16 Aug 2010, 10:36

A friend of ours is so impressed by the Symi dentist he went specially (ie non-emergency appointment) last year. Said dentist is also quite an artist, so you can admire his work displayed on the walls while your dental architecture is being restored.
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Toothache!!

Postby mikegadd » 18 Aug 2010, 13:18

My wife Jo lost a filling at the barbecue at Sesklia last week; she went to one of the two dentists in the harbour the following morning and was seen straight away. 50 Euros for a replacement filling.
mikegadd
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Toothache!!

Postby benedetti » 19 Aug 2010, 13:45

Wee jimmy had an excellent extraction from the dentist 50 euros ... cheaper than the NHS and no problems with appointment.
benedetti
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Toothache!!

Postby Kojak » 19 Aug 2010, 17:09

Sis - I've warned you before about hitting him on the face where it shows! ;)
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Toothache!!

Postby MrsMcS » 21 Aug 2010, 01:05

Findlay can testify to the excellent service from the artist dentist. Had to have root treatment on one of our visits to Symi. Cost about �80 which is much cheaper than the U.K. I went along with Findlay to his visits and had to be the most enjoyable visits to the dentist I have had (even better as I wasn't getting any treatment!). His clinic room doubles up as an artist's studio with all his paints, etc. in one corner, a guitar in another, along with his dental equipment. He is a real character, and when a fly came into the room he sprayed it with anaesthetic spray and then picked it up and put it outside as he doesn't like killing flies!! At Findlay's last visit he gave us some postcards of his paintings as we were leaving. He still acknowledges us when we see him on Symi, so Sugardens don't worry if you need any dental work done the artist dentist is very good. His surgery is next to the Maravelias studios.
MrsMcS
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Toothache!!

Postby sugardens » 22 Aug 2010, 10:40

Thank you everyone for all the reassuring messages.
Wish my dentist was as interesting and artistic....all I get to see is a poster of Mister Men on the ceiling and enforced listening to Radio 2!! At least this is all the encouragement I need to be diligent in caring for my teeth so I only have to go once or twice a year!
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Off Topic