more bl+++y snow

Chat about anything else

more bl+++y snow

Postby snoopy2 » 16 Dec 2010, 19:13

:cry: How is the rest of the world faring? There has been another ton of the white stuff today and as i type there is no disernable difference between the road and pavements. It is minus 3 and still dropping. AARRGGHH. Only positive is the quiet - people and cars staying off the road and inside where it is warm. :cry:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby snapperjon » 16 Dec 2010, 22:07

Strange, isn't it? Warm and sunny in Somerset. Spend most of the day in the garden trying to work out how to stop the palm trees from wilting in the heat.
snapperjon
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby snoopy2 » 17 Dec 2010, 00:45

:o You have got to be kidding me!!!!! :o By the weather forcast you better start wrapping that poor plant in straw and covering it it fast! :(
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby Kon » 17 Dec 2010, 00:53

Nice sunny day here Snoopy ,just hope it lasts through Christmas .
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby Mille » 17 Dec 2010, 07:28

Tons of snow in Copenhagen, with icy roads to go with it. :(

The mets have promised us a white Christmas this year, at least us in the Eastern parts of Denmark.

I just wish it would go away, fast! I hate snow.
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

more bl+++y snow

Postby Gemma1 » 17 Dec 2010, 08:12

We had a little bit in Leeds yesterday but it was too wet to settle. It was -4 when my partner left for work this morning and there's lots of frost and ice this morning but no more snow yet thank goodness. Heavy snow is forecast for this weekend :cry:
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby Allan » 17 Dec 2010, 08:55

Very similar here in Halifax Gemma except that yesterday's snow did settle and then freeze - hard!

Minus six now (-12 windchill) and I have to get to the supermarket for food before tomorrow's threatened snowfall.

Isn't winter fun? :(
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

more bl+++y snow

Postby snoopy2 » 17 Dec 2010, 11:28

[quote="Mille"]

Tons of snow in Copenhagen, with icy roads to go with it. :(

The mets have promised us a white Christmas this year, at least us in the Eastern parts of Denmark.

I just wish it would go away, fast! I hate snow.
[/quote]
:cry: Totally agree with you Mille - nice to look at but horrible to live with. Here in n.e. Scotland another 4" fell overnight and the mercury is still dropping. Have stocked with very fresh veg as i suspect like last cold snap there will be empty shelves by the weekend. At such low temperatures well wrapped in newspaper veg keeps. Only up side is i can put the vodka bottle straight into the snow outside the door - and do the same with ice cube bags - wallah. :) :)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby Sunshine » 17 Dec 2010, 12:51

...Errr where's my snow?? ;) ...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby Oor Willie » 17 Dec 2010, 13:29

On it's way Sunshine,tommorow or Sunday for the east coast from Edinburgh down to you I'm told. Snoopy I just spoke to my man in Aberdeen, he lives out in Midmar and had to wait for the plough to go by this morning before he could get out of the village and still took 2 1/2 hours to get in to Bridge of Don and now reckons he wont get his van out of the yard to do his deliveries so is thinking about just going home again before there's any more snow
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby David » 17 Dec 2010, 14:28

Just snowed and settled here in SW London or NE Surrey depending upon which way you look at it! It still is snowing lightly and you can guarantee it will bring this part of the world to a grinding halt!
David
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby snoopy2 » 17 Dec 2010, 15:16

:( I know Oor Willie - your man in Aberdeen would be well advised to run for home. This a.m. there was total gridlock on the A9 Stonehaven to Aberdeen - took hours to clear and more snow forecast for tonight and throughout the weekend. Looks like the n.e. of Scotland bearing the brunt but that's what we get for living so close to the Arctic Circle. I just hope it follows the same pattern as last cold snap and clears by the end of next week. I want my loon home from Oban for Christmas! :D
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby D and E » 17 Dec 2010, 20:02

Aberystwyth and surrounding area woke up to between 6 and 9 inches of snow today so our Office Christmas Party had to be cancelled or should we say postponed into January :cry: At least we will wake with clear heads tomorrow - so will be able to clear the snow that is forecast for tonight again. As this part of the country hardly ever gets the white stuff the local authorities no less than elsewhere as to what to do. :?:
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby Kojak » 17 Dec 2010, 23:19

We even have some in the coastal areas of Lancashire. There was about 0.5ins at 5pm but I've just looked outside and another 2ins of snow has fallen. This is beginning to look like last year. No doubt inland, Blackburn, Burnley etc. will have it much worse.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby Joanie » 18 Dec 2010, 04:35

I just looked out the window and the white stuff's here too.Snake pass closed again, think its only been open a week since the first snow came. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby snoopy2 » 18 Dec 2010, 11:40

:cry: Minus 8 here today - take the skin aff yer phisog. D and E - show me
a local authority that knows how to deal with snow and i will witness a miracle ya vay. Scotland grinding to a halt and already the local supermarket has huge gaps in the shelves and this time i think it will be longer before they are filled. Farmers' Market this a.m. so got up early and first to get leeks and sprouts so that is me now sorted for Christmas - all veg out in the outbuilding well away from resident moosie. Here's to a happy white Christmas to all you fellow forumers (is there such a word?) HAVE A GOOD ONE and gt; :geek:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby sugardens » 18 Dec 2010, 17:24

:) :) :)
Down here in sleepy Bath it's now quite picturesque. Just got back from slippery walk with dog and can't help feeling happy that there's no traffic therefore it's quiet and safe for the kids to play outside in the white stuff.
Of course there are no buses anywhere in the town. How did I find out? Bristol Airport website! :?: :?:
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby Sunshine » 19 Dec 2010, 15:50

[quote="Sunshine"]

...Errr where's my snow?? ;) ...
[/quote]

:o :o ...Oh sh*t...here it is! :o :o ...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby snoopy2 » 19 Dec 2010, 18:03

:cry: Sunshine i am surprised there is any left for you - another 3-4" here today and more expected overnight. Scotland is now a snowball!!!!!! :cry:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

more bl+++y snow

Postby Sunshine » 19 Dec 2010, 18:07

...Thought the last lot was bad...6 inches since 1.30 this afternoon...drifting up the car...
Sunshine
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Next

Return to Off Topic