please help save Lennox the dog

Chat about anything else

Postby cottontail » 03 Oct 2011, 19:01

Hi guys...
This has nothing to do with symi but something very close to my heart and as you all sound so nice on this web page i thought i would ask you all to go to a site called -
saveLennox.co.uk
i am asking this as an innocent dog has only got 14 day before he is going to be put down just because of the way he looks and if you go to save Lennox.co.uk you can read all about it and decide for yourselfs if you would like to sign a petition or not..
Also one last site which is-
save venus and miley.co.uk and again this is the same sad situation,the potitions only take a secound to sign and will hopefully save these much loved family dogs from being put down for no other reason than thier looks....Please atleast take a look and read what is going on and if you like sign...Also pass this info on so more people know and can help..
Thankyou i really appreciate it :oops:
cottontail
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby Kojak » 06 Oct 2011, 17:52

Hello cottontail. I don't know any details but I'm guessing that the dog has been classed as a pit bull. Many of these cases are very borderline. Staffies are wonderful family dogs but tend to get a bad name because they are used as "macho" status symbols. It's dreadful when any dog has to be put down but equally dreadful when you read of children being savaged by pit bull type dogs. In most cases it is the owners who are at fault of course. Unfortunately many very safe friendly dogs are caught up in this. I don't really know the answer...
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby cottontail » 06 Oct 2011, 19:07

This situation is very sad,Lennox is a 6year old staffie/lab cross..He has not bitten anyone and he is a dog that is helping the familys disabled daughter.He has been held in awful surroundings and no walks for over 16months now.The courts have given the family a 14day appeal date (which is now down to 8days) and volunters and lawyers ect are working around the clock to help him.....All this can be read about on savelennox.co.uk as i said before...
I know there are many cases where a dog has attacked and as you said it is the owners and not the dogs as with all this awful dog fighting ect..
I just want people to read this story and see what they think...xx
Thankyou for the reply xx
cottontail
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

Postby MacDuff » 21 Dec 2011, 09:50

The only answer to the pit bull problem is to make it illegal to breed them. Yes, that dished face is from genes from the Staffordshire and clearly was developed for the worst of reasons. Here in North America there have been a horrifying number of savage attacks by American Pit Bulls upon people including the children of owners who have subsequently said that the dog was always OK with the kids and there have also been some deaths from attacks.The Canadian Kennel Club refuses to recognize the breed, the Province of Ontario has a total ban on them. There are plenty of alternative good breeds from which to choose. In case of accusations of bias, I can only say that I had the pleasure of owning an English Bull Terrier which won Best of Breed, Alberta and my son owns an American Bulldog - it weighs in at 125lbs.
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Postby sugardens » 21 Dec 2011, 18:11

Our local cats and dogs rescue facility is bursting at the seams with staffie crosses which nobody wants. Why not get the child a different dog which would never be labelled as harmful e.g. a labrador who are lovely with children? Hope for the dog's sake that a decision one way or the other is made soon.
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby MacDuff » 28 Dec 2011, 06:35

May I add Sugargardens that we have to hope that for the child's sake the right decision is taken. It just doesn't make sense to wait until the poor dog bites someone before tasking the sensible decision.
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Off Topic