Dave !

Chat about anything else

Dave !

Postby Joanie » 16 Mar 2012, 06:55

Has anyone got an update on Dave ? I hope he's getting better. I do miss him specially his jokes
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Dave !

Postby maziemoo » 16 Mar 2012, 09:25

I'll send you a message via fb Babs x
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Dave !

Postby Mille » 16 Mar 2012, 17:42

I would also like to know how Dave is.

Miss him and his sarcasm.
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

Dave !

Postby snoopy2 » 18 Mar 2012, 21:47

Another name that has been off blogg for a while is Kojak - are you out there mate?????? ;) :) :?:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Dave !

Postby Kojak » 18 Mar 2012, 22:11

I'm still out there Snoopy! I've been away at Bristol with Symi friends. Just got back 90 minutes ago.

I've emailed Dave's brother Stephen re. news about Dave and as soon as I get a reply I'll post it here.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Dave !

Postby Kojak » 18 Mar 2012, 22:32

I've received some news about Dave by a "round about" route:-

David is in a rehabilatation centre about 10 miles from his home
and has been there for a while now but according to his son he isn't
making much progress. The stroke he suffered whilst under the coma has
really hit him hard and it's sad to say but it doesn't look good for the future.
They are working on him to try on get him into a wheelchair and support his body, he tires very quickly and his speech is slow.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Dave !

Postby snoopy2 » 19 Mar 2012, 10:56

[quote="Kojak"]

I'm still out there Snoopy! I've been in B90 minutes1 hour ago.

I've emailed Dave's brother Stephen re. news about Dave and as soon as I get a reply I'll post it here.
[/quote]
Glad you are ok Kojak
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Dave !

Postby Kojak » 19 Mar 2012, 13:09

More and later news from Dave's son:-

[quote="Allan"]

I don't see anything wrong with posting about Dave here providing the information comes from the family which, as Kojak pointed out, it does and as long as they are aware that it's being posted here.

Dave still has a lot of fans here who like and miss his entertaining posts but who aren't in regular touch with the family and surely it's better to read news here as long as the family don't object rather than them having to answer multiple emails.
[/quote]I see a lot wrong with these postings. As I have pointed out those who care for Dave should communicate through pms. I find this whole matter frankly quite distasteful if not to say macarbe.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Dave !

Postby Kojak » 19 Mar 2012, 21:32

I have to disagree there Benedetti. I've always made it quite plain to Dave's brother that a lot of people care enough to ask about his progress. Quite Frankly I'd find it quite distasteful if no-one cared enough to ask.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Dave !

Postby maziemoo » 20 Mar 2012, 22:16

Perhaps because I do the job I do, I personally think it would be more appropriate to exchange information about Davey boy's well-being privately with those people we know had personal contact with him. These people would know that it has been his wife's wish that things be kept relatively private, we should not assume that this wasn't also Dave's wish.
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Dave !

Postby Colette » 21 Mar 2012, 23:07

I have no axe to grind here as I don't know Dave but I think we all know that Kojak has posted about him with the best intentions because he knows that the people who do know Dave and have no other way of finding out how he is are concerned about his welfare.
Colette
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Dave !

Postby maziemoo » 22 Mar 2012, 14:11

I have absolutely no doubt at all that Kojak's posting was with made anything other than the best of intentions, he is a very kind and caring person.

It's perhaps a reminder to us all that there is a vast difference between what we would like to know and what we are entitled to know. As far as I'm aware Dave never come to this website to provide a blow by blow account of his medical history so I personally respect his right to privacy and dignity and we can't be certain access to information for public consumption here, has been given with Dave's blessing.
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Dave !

Postby Kojak » 22 Mar 2012, 19:29

Dave did continue to update me with details right up until he was unable to do so because of his admission to hospital. I have kept friends updated on this noticeboard for quite some time. I cannot understand why it is only now that some people feel there is a problem. I do feel that all this controversy is more unseemly than the regular bulletins I've posted. Perhaps Allan had better remove the topic completely...
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Dave !

Postby maziemoo » 22 Mar 2012, 20:33

perhaps darling it's because I've been away for a while and missed a lot of stuff...anyway I know you didn't mean any harm. We all miss the guy, he's a character, how could we not miss him....lets pray he comes back to haunt us soon ;)
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Off Topic