unseasonable weather

Chat about anything else

unseasonable weather

Postby snoopy2 » 25 Mar 2012, 18:56

8-) Looking at the temperature chart there appears to be lots of high temperatures around the country. Today it has been over 20oC here in the n.e. - unheard of for March. This time last year we were under snow - this March we are out cutting grass and planting seeds. Wow - a tan this early in the year? You betcha! 8-)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

unseasonable weather

Postby Kojak » 25 Mar 2012, 23:47

It's the same here, Snoopy. But I can remember hail and snow in June so don't get complacent lol.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

unseasonable weather

Postby Gemma1 » 26 Mar 2012, 07:56

We've had lovely weather here in Yorkshire too. Some friends are talking about having a BBQ next Saturday. I think that might be slighly optimistic for March but we'll see ;)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

unseasonable weather

Postby snoopy2 » 26 Mar 2012, 09:54

[quote="Kojak"]

It's the same here, Snoopy. But I can remember hail and snow in June so don't get complacent lol.
[/quote]
:D Yes i can remember that 'summer' as well Kojak but all the signs are hopeful. The Oyster Catchers are back on the shoreline, seagulls and ducks doing what comes naturally big time, sparrows nest building - lots of other little signs that go together that spring is certainly here. Still very cold nights but so far no ground frost. Again another beautiful day here - only downer is we too in Scotland are getting very dry!! Now that has got to be a first! 8-)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

unseasonable weather

Postby kent » 26 Mar 2012, 12:00

I left geraniums out all winter. Not only have they survived but are in bloom. Unheard of for this far North.
kent
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

unseasonable weather

Postby sugardens » 26 Mar 2012, 15:06

8-) Lovely and warm here in the West and long may it continue....but I looked at Met Office long range weather forecast which says we'll be back to normal next week - whatever that is! :twisted:
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Off Topic