strange orange thing

Chat about anything else

strange orange thing

Postby snoopy2 » 28 Apr 2012, 20:37

8-) There has been a strange orange thing burning in the sky here in n.e. Scotland all day. It is giving out heat and light and has allowed me to be out in the garden and to demolish a pest of a small garden wall. Had a strange effect on my metabolism. My mood was that of being jollified but great quantities of water rushed from my pores in the glare of this wonderous beast in the sky. Had to drink a couple of beers to cool me down. Has anyone else encountered this great and wonderful happening? 8-) :D :o
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby kent » 28 Apr 2012, 21:37

Great wonderous "Orange" object caused me to cut grass at 4 o,clock this afternoon. Still glowing here at 20.30.hours 8-)
kent
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby Kojak » 28 Apr 2012, 23:04

Living in the soggy north west i have no idea what this phenomenon is. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby Joe Le Taxi » 29 Apr 2012, 08:39

Snoopy,I saw something very similar a couple of months ago.It hung around for about a week then disappeared.I believe this phenomenon is normally associated with more southern climes.Clearly,something is amiss.
Joe Le Taxi
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby snapperjon » 29 Apr 2012, 09:25

[quote="snoopy2"]

8-) There has been a strange orange thing burning in the sky here in n.e. Scotland all day. It is giving out heat and light and has allowed me to be out in the garden and to demolish a pest of a small garden wall. Had a strange effect on my metabolism. My mood was that of being jollified but great quantities of water rushed from my pores in the glare of this wonderous beast in the sky. Had to drink a couple of beers to cool me down. Has anyone else encountered this great and wonderful happening? 8-) :D :o
[/quote]

Alex Salmond? :D
snapperjon
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby Gemma1 » 29 Apr 2012, 10:44

Hmm. haven't seen the orange thing round here for a while, just lots of rain and greyness :( . The lawn is like a jungle and it doesn't look like it will be dry enough to cut it for weeks at this rate.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby Eliza » 29 Apr 2012, 11:06

Perhaps it was Charles Kennedy.
Eliza
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby Mille » 29 Apr 2012, 11:19

That orange thing is here, but it's not very warm...Perhaps it is a different one? ;)
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

strange orange thing

Postby maziemoo » 29 Apr 2012, 18:22

goodness gracious after what seems like days and days of persistent rain, that bright orange thing seems to have sneaked it's way into the Oxfordshire sky. 8-)
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby snoopy2 » 29 Apr 2012, 19:00

[quote="Kojak"]

Living in the soggy north west i have no idea what this phenomenon is. :evil: :evil: :evil:
[/quote]
:D Is this perhaps because you are a nocturnal creature and perhaps seldom see this phenomenon which incidentally is still in the n.e. Scottish sky!!! :D
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby Kojak » 29 Apr 2012, 19:08

I do occasionally surface in daylight - to ambush the bin men! :D

According to the forecast we might see the strange orange thing in the sky tomorrow, together with a 10 degree rise in temperature. Crazy weather!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby snoopy2 » 30 Apr 2012, 00:22

8-) I am glad to hear you surface from time to time as vitamin D is very important at your age Kojak! I too have heard this great thing called 'sun' - (i googled it) will appear more often in the coming days. As it has given me such warmth and goodness of feeling i have decided i will worship this sun whenever it appears. To this end i have sought out my shorts, t shirts and cut off jeans. Many non worshipers are of the opinion it is too early to worship but i have decided i will be devout no matter the risk of double pneumonia. One must worship when one can. 8-)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby D and E » 03 May 2012, 21:45

As there is never any certainty about the Big Orange Thing appearing here in Mid Wales we will play the odds and be in Symi 3 weeks from today :D :D :D
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby Kojak » 03 May 2012, 23:24

I may pass you at the airport D and E as I'll be leaving :evil: . Your luck has held out once again. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby D and E » 04 May 2012, 15:38

Nothing personal Kojak : it was nice to meet you at Elpida's last September : but we are in the hands of Olympic who, as usual, have done us a fantastic deal. God bless 'em. Still no Big Orange Thing here and in fact just watched a weather forecast suggesting MINUS 7 this weekend. Roll on Symi.
D and E
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby Kojak » 04 May 2012, 23:29

Overcast and cool all day here also. My heating's been on and off like a lady of the night's undergarments (putting it politely) :twisted:
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby snoopy2 » 04 May 2012, 23:56

:cry: I obviously did not worship the orange ball enough as now we have -5oC, snow, hail and extreme north chill winds. Should the orange ball return i will double and redouble my worship in the hope it might stay around for at least a couple of weeks so i can get my life back in my home which has now turned into a greenhouse for all my veggie and flower plants! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH :cry:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby Kojak » 05 May 2012, 19:57

Ne'er cast a clout 'til May is out, Snoopy. You obviously cast your clout far too soon! :D :D :D
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

strange orange thing

Postby Gemma1 » 06 May 2012, 09:16

[quote="snoopy2"]

:cry: I obviously did not worship the orange ball enough as now we have -5oC, snow, hail and extreme north chill winds. Should the orange ball return i will double and redouble my worship in the hope it might stay around for at least a couple of weeks so i can get my life back in my home which has now turned into a greenhouse for all my veggie and flower plants! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH :cry:
[/quote]

Wow that's cold for May snoopy :cry: We've had a frost here overnight but at least it's sunny today :) I'm not sure mother nature realises it's May, not March :?:
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Off Topic