Travelling to Symi with our dog

Chat about anything else

Postby sugardens » 11 May 2012, 13:10

Some time ago I remember someone telling me that a fello Brit travelled from UK every year with their dog. If said person is reading this would love to talk to you about this or if anybody has info would be grateful. :)
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Jan » 11 May 2012, 13:32

I think the challenge is getting your dog into and out of the Schengen area. A long time French lady visitor (known only to us as Madame, somewhat unoriginally) brings her small dog to Symi each year and with apparently little formality - if my French comprehension is correct it even sits on her lap in the plane (though it is a very small dog)!

Somehow I don't see the UK charter/low cost airlines being quite so co-operative, even if you have all the vaccination certificates, microchips etc etc. But good luck anyway.
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby Jan » 11 May 2012, 14:33

Hi Sue - me again

Sitting waiting for a phonecall...

If you use the message board search functionality (link at the top of this page) and search for 'taking pets to symi' 'match exact phrase' and 'search in subject only' you'll find the request you posted in February last year and all the replies you received (including one from me which basically said the same as this time, so at least I'm consistent!).

Jan
Jan
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Postby maziemoo » 11 May 2012, 15:35

There is/was an English couple who drive across Europe with their dog(s) to get to Symi. Kojak or Adriana may know them, alternatively try asking Jord or Jennine as they may well know them personally.
maziemoo
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Postby sugardens » 11 May 2012, 20:31

Thanks Jan and Maz :)
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Return to Off Topic