Advice

Chat about anything else

Advice

Postby GaryB » 09 Jun 2012, 11:58

Hi
Im visiting Symi 20th June for a week and staying at the Taxiarchis Hotel. Any advice where to eat, drink and things to see. Im a photographer so looking forward to some traditional Greek shots

Many thanks

Gary :)
GaryB
Starting Visitor

Advice

Postby Allan » 09 Jun 2012, 13:21

Hi Garry welcome to the chat page.

You will love Taxiarchis. I hae stayed there many times and coincidentally can see the place from where I am sat right now topping up my suntan 8-)

All the tavernas in Chorio are worth a vist. Zoe's at the top of the hill from Taxiarchis is a good place to start - ask Frank to show you the way. Then there is Syllogos and the famous Georgio's to try. For something a little different the Windmill restaurant serves interesting and delicious mezes. For a snack or light lunch the Olive Tree cafe is a must. Finally the often overlooked Manteio bar close to Zoes serves good snacks for a very reasonable pricealnog with a fine selection of unusual beers.

All these places are within ten minutes walk of Taxiarchis. If you venture down to the harbout there is a far bigger choice but I will let others recommend those, I am posting this from a Kinde and it is slow going!

Symi is a wonderfully picturesque place so there will be no lack of photo opportunities.

I hope you enjoy your holiday.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Advice

Postby snapperjon » 09 Jun 2012, 19:27

Hi Gary,

A little way down Kali Strata you'll find SymiDream wherein lurks Neil, Symi's resident snapper. He runs photo walks on a regular basis (as well as the famous Wine Evenings he and James host every Monday evening), going around some of the less obvious places and to some of the millions of photo ops on the island. Symi Greece Photos on Facebook (can't link to it for some reason. Anyone know why I can't link to it :?: ) has some examples of what you may see. As a fellow photographer, I'd say Symi is the most photogenic place I've ever visited. Enjoy - and put up some of your shots, please!
snapperjon
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Advice

Postby GaryB » 10 Jun 2012, 12:18

Thank you both - looking forward to my visit cheers
GaryB
Starting Visitor

Advice

Postby Kojak » 10 Jun 2012, 13:56

Don't forget Syllogos, just up from The Rainbow and Lefteris bars (very good places to "people watch"). Very good foof and a great view down the Pedi Valley. Frank at Taxiarchis will look after you and be very helpful about places to eat and drink.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Return to Off Topic