Beer!

Chat about anything else

Beer!

Postby John H » 31 May 2012, 17:03

[quote="snapperjon"]

I've had a couple of bottles of Mythos from our local Morrisons, but it isn't right somehow. It's the best drink in the world when taken ice cold after a climb up the Kali when it's 40C, but here from now on I'll stick to traditional Somerset Peroni. :)
[/quote]
I know it's sacrilege to most people on here, but I prefer the Amstel to the Mythos when I'm on Symi. But I noticed that the Mythos on sale here was only 4.7% alcohol. Wasn't it always 5%? If so, quite apart from not drinking it on Symi maybe that's why it doesn't taste quite right.
John H
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Beer!

Postby Kojak » 31 May 2012, 20:18

Don't forget Alpha beer - very tasty... and I had Fix beer, which I hadn't tasted since the very early 1980s.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Beer!

Postby snoopy2 » 31 May 2012, 23:56

Amstel, Alpha :( - Whatever - a cold Mythos on a Symi beach???????????? Yee cannae whack it!!! :twisted:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Beer!

Postby Olga » 09 Jun 2012, 15:15

Whilst we are on the subject of alcohol, Who drank all the GIN. We arrived on the 23rd, and as we were staying up-top for a change,(very far up top in the Sevasti)I thought I would have a bottle of gin (for emergency use only of course).Not one of the supermarkets in Horio had any!!! I was wondering if Kojak and company had changed their drinking habits? there was no bottled Mythos for a few days either, but Taxas had some when we finally made it down to Yialos a couple of days later.
Olga
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Beer!

Postby Kojak » 10 Jun 2012, 13:58

Not guilty!.. well maybe a little guilty about the Mythos. It was nothing personal, Olga, I was merely trying my best to help the local economy... :oops:
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Beer!

Postby MacDuff » 16 Jun 2012, 20:48

Mankind has been very clever at producing alcholic beverages that particularly suit the climate and conditions of the area of production. One can think of many examples of this, but in my experience none quite meets drinking malt whisky on the top of the Cabrach in January at lunchtime, when out shooting white hares in blinding sleet, that is what malt whisky was made for! As information I should add that the white hares ended up in Fochabers to be made into game soup by Baxters.
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Beer!

Postby MacDuff » 21 Jun 2012, 04:21

WANTED ........ MORE BEER!
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Previous

Return to Off Topic