too early for snow

Chat about anything else

too early for snow

Postby snoopy2 » 26 Oct 2012, 18:16

:cry: ARRRGGGHHH Just driven 15 miles through blinding hail and snow!! Its too early for the white stuff yet!! Oh to be in Symi now that winter's here :cry: :cry: :cry:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

too early for snow

Postby Kojak » 26 Oct 2012, 19:11

We haven't got the snow (thank goodness) but the cold has certainly arrived. :(
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

too early for snow

Postby Mille » 26 Oct 2012, 19:34

Watched the Weather Man on TV and he said that we will get -8 tonight :(
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

too early for snow

Postby mr wotsin » 26 Oct 2012, 20:43

We have di snow as I speak, NE England
maybe that should be "as I write"
mr wotsin
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

too early for snow

Postby snoopy2 » 26 Oct 2012, 23:19

:cry: Feels like -10 anyway here tonight in n.e. Scotland. Last week it was put up the flood defences and distribute the sandbags - this weekend it is slip sliding every where and freezing cold. Next weekend i am hoping for freak sunshine and high temperatures!!! Well one can always dream a little :| :cry:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

too early for snow

Postby Gemma1 » 27 Oct 2012, 09:36

No snow here (yet) but there's been frost overnight and if I was going to work today I'd have to get the scraper out. Luckily I'm not so the car can defrost at leisure ;)

What a beautiful morning on Symi and it's showing 15 degrees there at the moment - which is a darn sight warmer than here :)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

too early for snow

Postby MacDuff » 28 Oct 2012, 03:53

Hi Snoops, somehow I guessed that you would be reporting on Scottish weather upon my return from Cuba. I'm sorry that although visiting friends and relatives in the north-east and Fife in August, time did not allow diversion to Stinehive. Here in Alberta there is some snow and temperature of -8c. But my main concern is that Cuba took quite a belting from Hurricane Susan which now threatens the east coast of the US and a big chunk of Canada. Our home in Cuba was fortunately not badly affected. Visiting the UK was interesting and rewarding. Our hosting friends in Aberdeenshire (they make ice cream, so you will know who they are) have a lovely house looking out over rural Aberdeenshire with a large lawn running around three sides which my friend was converting into a mini golf course, complete with little mounds and greens which I helped to work on having knowledge of lawn bowling greens. He has decided that when completed he will invite Donald Trump to open it and contact Alex Salmond as a standby in case Trump declines. The media will no doubt have some fun with that one! For other contributors, sock wearing or not, I should explain that Trump is constructing a golf resort on the coast north of Aberdeen that has been rightly much opposed by environmentalk folks and ornithologists. Snoops will be able to deduce who my friend is and know that he is a fairly well known person and not without some influence in that part of Scotland - hence the media will probably pick it up. Anyway, I thought I would share the his Scots humour. My wife visting another country for the first time, suffered from some cultural shock, the speed and volume of traffic, shops full of everything, different diet and nobody speaking Spanish. I took a photograph of her sitting with her legs though original stocks beside a pub in Wharfedale in Yorkshire. I think that some of her compatriots upon seeing the photo felt that it confirmed their worst fears about capitalismo! She took one of me standing beside a 1933 open top Bentley - just to show Cubans that in the UK there are cars about 25 years older than the average age of those in Cuba! Nice to be back - I return home to Cuba in late December when I shall again become incommunicado
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

too early for snow

Postby snoopy2 » 28 Oct 2012, 12:15

:) MacDuff - great to see you on the forum again. You sound as if you had a great time and showed your wife the sights. Maybe next time you are this way you can partake of some Stinhive hospitality. Yes i do know who your ice cream pal. And jolly good ice cream it is. MacDuff google Tripping up Trump and watch the documentary that was made about him, entourage and what was done to the Menie estate (and the people who have refused to sell out to him). You shoudl be able to get it on i Player where you are? It was shown all over Scotland last Monday and caused quite a stoushie from hundreds of people who were not aware of the whole story. You will find it intersting.
Anyway your enthusiasm comes over as to the pleasure of visiting the land that sired you. Glad it was a success for you and your wife.
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

too early for snow

Postby Kojak » 28 Oct 2012, 14:12

Sock wearers (and others) are well aware of Trump's antics in Scotland. It would be well nigh impossible for such an outlandish hairdo to remain unnoticed. Naturally, sock wearers, being always tastefully attired would never be seen sporting such tonsorial bad taste. :D :D :D
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

too early for snow

Postby snoopy2 » 28 Oct 2012, 17:25

[quote="Kojak"]

Sock wearers (and others) are well aware of Trump's antics in Scotland. It would be well nigh impossible for such an outlandish hairdo to remain unnoticed. Naturally, sock wearers, being always tastefully attired would never be seen sporting such tonsorial bad taste. :D :D :D
[/quote]
:D Apparantly on one visit to the site Trump stood the wrong wind direction and the comb over took of making him look as if he had some sort of strange sculpted extension to his head. all press photos were banned!!!
such power. :!:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Off Topic