quiet out there

Chat about anything else

quiet out there

Postby snoopy2 » 27 Mar 2013, 23:33

:?: I know it is cold and weather for sitting round ye olde real log fire but where is everyone? No chatty bits to relate? No snow stories? Mine is we haven't had and still have not got snow!!! Bloomin freezing though :D
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

quiet out there

Postby Gemma1 » 28 Mar 2013, 07:08

Still snow here. The roads are clear but there's still piles of the stuff in the back garden and some of the footpaths are treacherous. I feel like this winter will never end :cry: Roll on June and my Greek island hopping holiday in the Cyclades :)
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

quiet out there

Postby snoopy2 » 28 Mar 2013, 10:52

:cry: Gemm 1 Haud yer wheesht - you are making me green with envy. I have to wait until september to get to my wee Greek Island. In the interim got a long weeekend in the East neuk of Fife but that doesn't quite have the same ring to it :|
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

quiet out there

Postby Kon » 28 Mar 2013, 12:07

Still very warm here in Aus,hope the weather improves over there for everyone.
Kon
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

quiet out there

Postby Mille » 28 Mar 2013, 13:10

We've had plenty of snow, thank you.
And freezing wind to go with it. Should get hit with more tomorrow.

Enough of the snow, let me have some sun!
Mille
Administrator
Administrator

quiet out there

Postby Kojak » 28 Mar 2013, 13:15

No snow here although it's tried a couple of times. An icy cold east wind though, heating turned up! :cry:
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

quiet out there

Postby snapperjon » 29 Mar 2013, 08:08

Gorgeous morning in Somerset. Not a cloud in a lovely blue sky. BUT! it's about -3 at the moment. Who nicked spring?

Been talking to a lot of people on Symi about...stuff that may happen later this year, and it sounds as if things there are warming up nicely. I'm fed up with being cold. If only we could just hop on a plane!
snapperjon
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

quiet out there

Postby snoopy2 » 29 Mar 2013, 10:59

8-) Yesterday it was shades and shorts here - a beautiful spring day to gladden the heart. :cry: This morning the snow is coming down thick and fast - first we have really seen here in stonehaven. Who indeed nicked spring!! :|
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

quiet out there

Postby sugardens » 29 Mar 2013, 13:56

8-) 8-) At last we're seeing a bit of sun! So fed up with grey, grey and more grey skies. 8-) 8-)
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

quiet out there

Postby Allan » 30 Mar 2013, 11:01

You sound to have been lucky with the snow Snoops. I think you deserve some weather luck after the flooding disaster!

The temperature here has reached the dizzy heights of four degrees for the first time in weeks. We had three degrees yesterday which shaved a few inches off the height of the snowdrifts but at this rate it'll be July before the stuff finally goes.

Spring - lovely time of year. :twisted:
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

quiet out there

Postby Julie » 30 Mar 2013, 23:09

Thinking of getting the barbecue out actually :geek:

Spring is showing no signs of springing. It'll be ages before this snow will eventually thaw so if you can't beat it join it. Getting used to sub zero temperatures although the dizzy heights of four degrees was reached for the first time in ages. The snow flake indicator on my dashboard in my car is constantly illuminated to warn me of icy conditions which is stating the obvious but a nice touch anyway. Can't wait for the walls of snow to go to be replaced by the lost views of fields and flowers. The best thing about it is thinking that Symi is never that far away :) For those of you who have had no snow you are the lucky chosen ones. Believe me, you wouldn't want it :twisted:
Julie
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

quiet out there

Postby Sue L » 30 Mar 2013, 23:56

Greetings from sunny Madeira it's been 22C here today. We got fed up of the cold and came here instead.
Sue L
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

quiet out there

Postby snoopy2 » 31 Mar 2013, 11:01

[quote="Allan"]

You sound to have been lucky with the snow Snoops. I think you deserve some weather luck after the flooding disaster!

The temperature here has reached the dizzy heights of four degrees for the first time in weeks. We had three degrees yesterday which shaved a few inches off the height of the snowdrifts but at this rate it'll be July before the stuff finally goes.

Spring - lovely time of year. :twisted:
[/quote]
Indeed Allan - we are lucky to be missing the snow although only a mile up the hill and it looks like a Christmas card. Evidence of flooding still widespread as so much damage was caused many people have no idea when they will get back into their homes. I was lucky - didn't have to move out and now all work completed. Roll on spring and summer - 3 degrees here and very pleasant day - four on the trot.
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

quiet out there

Postby Joe Le Taxi » 02 Apr 2013, 18:38

My original post seems to have been lost in the ether.I was saying it was 68 degrees F in Glasgow.Well,I was actually in my greenhouse at the time.Outside it was perishing.
42 sleeps and counting!
Joe Le Taxi
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

quiet out there

Postby Allan » 02 Apr 2013, 18:56

Thanks for re-posting Joe. I think yours was the only post we lost in the disk crash.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

quiet out there

Postby Joe Le Taxi » 03 Apr 2013, 20:56

Allan,that's my luck every time.
Joe Le Taxi
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

quiet out there

Postby snapperjon » 04 Apr 2013, 13:50

Good job the post with the details of the �100, two week holiday on Symi from three days back survived.
snapperjon
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

quiet out there

Postby snoopy2 » 04 Apr 2013, 18:06

[quote="Julie"]

Thinking of getting the barbecue out actually :geek:

Spring is showing no signs of springing. It'll be ages before this snow will eventually thaw so if you can't beat it join it. Getting used to sub zero temperatures although the dizzy heights of four degrees was reached for the first time in ages. The snow flake indicator on my dashboard in my car is constantly illuminated to warn me of icy conditions which is stating the obvious but a nice touch anyway. Can't wait for the walls of snow to go to be replaced by the lost views of fields and flowers. The best thing about it is thinking that Symi is never that far away :) For those of you who have had no snow you are the lucky chosen ones. Believe me, you wouldn't want it :twisted:
[/quote]

Julie warmer front coming in by next week and that will mean rain. Nothing clears snow faster than rain so goodbye snow just hope there are not any floods!!!!
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

quiet out there

Postby Julie » 06 Apr 2013, 23:45

Thanks Snoopy2,

Indeed we will be getting a mobile south westerly front that will bring rain possibly sleet, by Tuesday into Wednesday and this will enable temperatures to rise to double figures and will hopefully shift the snow but there is alot to shift in areas locally. It's going to take more that a bit of rain to shift the amounts left by road sides I frequently drive on. Feel so sorry for all the farmers this year with having lost their crop to the weather and possibly losing their animals believed to be buried in snow.

Snoopy2, being an amateur meteorologist I think spring maybe on her way :)
Julie
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

quiet out there

Postby Kojak » 07 Apr 2013, 14:34

A friend in Allendale, Northumbria posted a photo on Facebook showing her grandaughter only half the height of the snow at the side of the road after the plough had been through. It wasn't piled by the plough, it was a straight cut through the snow. :o

I'm off to Brittany on Tuesday to visit eldest brother and wife. Hopefully it will be a tad warmer.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Next

Return to Off Topic