Istanbul !

Chat about anything else

Istanbul !

Postby Always Baking » 29 Jun 2013, 23:21

l've just come back from a 4 day break to Istanbul. Calling myself a bit of a baker, l was attracted to a TravelZoo offer ''Culinary Walking Tour Of Old Istanbul'' 104 pounds (inc 23k bag in hold, meal/drinks) l booked it there and then ! My first visit to Turkey,l ventured off, eyes wide open! The instant Karma was immediately evident. Not a crossed word was heard all the time l was there. l never saw a child cry, just holding hands with their parents, laughing and always smiling. l didnt need to cue up for the 'essential sites'..just being amongst these seemingly peaceful people, was magical for me !lt's definately true what they say..lt's not where you have chosen to go for a holiday, thatmakes the holiday, it's the people you meet throughout the holiday, that makes it ! Although, it was a TravelZoo offer, clicking the right click's online, l was actually booking it through 'Direct Travel'...What a brill company they turned out to be! Guiding me through the whole time til, reminding me, ''not to forget this, and that'', sending me luggage labels, with again, final reminders re this and that. l was chuffed to bits with their thoughtfulness and professionalism. l hope this little 'Istanbul account is at least, a tiny bit interesting/helpful.
Always Baking
Visitor

Istanbul !

Postby Joanie » 03 Jul 2013, 07:06

I love Turkey, been there 4 or 5 times , the people are lovely and go out of their way to help you. Your holiday sounds good glad you enjoyed it :D
Joanie
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Istanbul !

Postby Chrissyan » 03 Jul 2013, 17:05

Glad you had a great time Always Baking. I do think you are brave, I must admit I would have stayed well away from any Turkish cities after all the recent troubles.

Did you have a real Turkish Bath while you were there? I visted Istanbul many year ago and was pummeled to within of my life by a very large lady . :)
Chrissyan
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Istanbul !

Postby Kojak » 03 Jul 2013, 19:14

... every man's dream... ;)
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

Istanbul !

Postby Allan » 03 Jul 2013, 20:23

Speak for yourself!
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

Istanbul !

Postby Always Baking » 03 Jul 2013, 21:35

Until l arrive on Symi in September,(all sylph like !)...l wouldnt be getting my kit off at any baths. There would be no 'Delight' in that ! :o
Always Baking
Visitor

Istanbul !

Postby Always Baking » 03 Jul 2013, 21:41

Mind you, if non of you lot ar'nt going to be there in Sept, there's no point in going thro all the pain of chasing the skinny dream ! May aswell be start ' The SYMI CHUB CHUB' ! ;)
Always Baking
Visitor

Istanbul !

Postby Always Baking » 03 Jul 2013, 21:44

Sweet messages from Joanie and Chrissian ..... Kokak and Allan - Cheeky boys !
Always Baking
Visitor

Return to Off Topic