temperature

Chat about anything else

temperature

Postby snoopy2 » 03 Dec 2013, 14:19

8-) Wow - see the temperature is 20oC in Symi today - more like minus 20 here and set to get colder. Should i perhaps have a punt this year on a white Christmas - might be on to a winner. :)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

temperature

Postby Allan » 03 Dec 2013, 18:33

It looks like you could be getting some of the white stuff round your way on Thursday Snoops.
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

temperature

Postby snoopy2 » 04 Dec 2013, 16:21

[quote="Allan"]

It looks like you could be getting some of the white stuff round your way on Thursday Snoops.
[/quote]
Allan we have a saying in n.e. Scotland - 'It's too cold for snow' Well today a lot of people are saying that! Never understood the logic but understand what is meant. its so cold here even snow is shunning us!! :cry:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

temperature

Postby Allan » 04 Dec 2013, 20:47

We have the same saying. It gets pretty chilly up here on top of the Pennines too! It's not cold (yet) but I think we're in for a bit of a breeze tomorrow. Hold on to your hat!
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

temperature

Postby snoopy2 » 05 Dec 2013, 11:53

:twisted: You could call it a bit of a breeze Allan! People living along the beach front are terrified - it is only a year almost to the day since the last sea storm like this. Some people have only just got back into their homes - others still waiting. New dykes have been built but no higher or stronger than before. In for an interesting day!!! :?:
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

temperature

Postby Allan » 05 Dec 2013, 12:25

Interesting indeed Snoops! It's currently gusting at 75mph here and I suspect it's a lot worse up there. Thankfully we just have to cope with damaged roofs, fallen trees and the like. We don't have the added problems of sea storms.

I saw warnings on TV for two very high tides along the east coast today so I'm not surprised people are terrified.

Keep safe up there!
Allan
Administrator
Administrator

temperature

Postby Kojak » 05 Dec 2013, 14:13

Although I'm not on high ground, the gales have nothing to stop them sweeping in from the Irish sea. Inland it's not so bad but I've just had to rescue a very heavy tub with conifer that just blew off my doorstep.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

temperature

Postby Gemma1 » 06 Dec 2013, 08:01

Hope everything is ok with you in Scotland Snoopy. We had very heavy winds here yesterday. My manager had to go home early as 3 of his ridge tiles had blown off - one of them had landed on his wife's car and smashed her windscreen. When I got home from work the shed had blown over in the back garden - I had to almost climb over it to get to the door :cry: . It must have been some wind as it's packed full of stuff. OH put it back up when he came in from work - though we'll have to wait for better weather to see if the lawnmower still works after being thrown around.
Gemma1
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

temperature

Postby snoopy2 » 06 Dec 2013, 09:40

:| News from the north. The gale swept over us and was all but gone by lunchtime but brought in its wake rain then snow and freezing temperatures. I watched the news yesterday as it swept on its desructive path down the east of England and was heart sorry for the clips showing people frantically filling sandbags. On reflection i think here we got off lightly although not without cost. All of you out there - keep warm and safe. ;)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

temperature

Postby MacDuff » 09 Dec 2013, 06:07

Long time no contribute but just dropped in to find out how the crew are doing. So Snoops I see that you are still promoting the weather of the North-East. Well, just to cheer you up, it is -27C in Edmonton but 31C at my home in Cuba and I return there on the 13th December - having endured the weather in Edmonton since November 12. Life is good and just to keep Kojak young, I have to report that I shall mature in March when I shall be 80. Happily we are to have a visit in Cuba from my eldest daughter from Fife and my eldest grand-daughter now studying Law and International Affairs (the latter could be a comment upon her grand-father's marital position). Whoever is in Symi, please blow it a kiss from me from the top of the Kali Strata. Still no Internet in Cuba!
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

temperature

Postby MacDuff » 09 Dec 2013, 06:13

Oh! where is my grand-daughter studying law? Aberdeen of course - she is the 5th generation of women in my family to attend Aberdeen - could be a record. A lot of watter his passed doon the Dee and the Don let alone a lot of kippers being smoked under the railway arches since the first one (NO, NAE A KIPPER - A GREAT-AUNT)graduated in 1897. ( Sadly due to sanitary regs no more kippers are being smoked under the arches)
MacDuff
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

temperature

Postby snoopy2 » 17 Dec 2013, 00:56

[quote="MacDuff"]

Oh! where is my grand-daughter studying law? Aberdeen of course - she is the 5th generation of women in my family to attend Aberdeen - could be a record. A lot of watter his passed doon the Dee and the Don let alone a lot of kippers being smoked under the railway arches since the first one (NO, NAE A KIPPER - A GREAT-AUNT)graduated in 1897. ( Sadly due to sanitary regs no more kippers are being smoked under the arches)
[/quote]
Never fear MacDuff - from time to time the waft of history still prevails and i am so glad to hear your blood line still comes this way
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Off Topic