burns night

Chat about anything else

burns night

Postby snoopy2 » 25 Jan 2014, 10:58

:D See a photo of my ancestor on the wall in the chat page pic. Lovely jubly haggis, neeps and tatties for me tonight washed down with a wee dram or two. A MacSween haggis so only the best and a wee drop of Taliskar :)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

burns night

Postby Kojak » 25 Jan 2014, 13:28

Och aye to you Snoopy - enjoy the Great Chieftain of the Pudden Race!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

burns night

Postby snoopy2 » 27 Jan 2014, 12:49

:D I did enjoy the chieftain Kojak - and not just on Burn's night. What the Fijians would term 'true food' - lovely in the cold winter months with chapped tatties and neeps. :)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

burns night

Postby Kojak » 28 Jan 2014, 23:31

Snoopy, I'm working my way through a slow cooker of hot-pot at present. Lamb chops were a tad expensive but pork shoulder steaks were very tasty. :) :) :)
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

burns night

Postby Olga » 30 Jan 2014, 23:11

I share a birthday with Burns, and this was instrumental in me getting my first job as a civil servant,The HEO conducting the interview was Scottish, and asked me if I knew who shared my birthday, when I said Robbie Burns, he treated me to several verses of To a Mouse. So we always have Haggis, Neeps and Tatties for my birthday, but Haggis at any time is fine by me.
Olga
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

burns night

Postby Kojak » 30 Jan 2014, 23:49

I used to go up to Allendale for a Burns night dinner Olga and did the "Toast to the Lasses" twice. Once in rhyme but neck trouble prevented me from actually being there so it was read out by a friend.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

burns night

Postby snoopy2 » 31 Jan 2014, 10:22

[quote="Olga"]

I share a birthday with Burns, and this was instrumental in me getting my first job as a civil servant,The HEO conducting the interview was Scottish, and asked me if I knew who shared my birthday, when I said Robbie Burns, he treated me to several verses of To a Mouse. So we always have Haggis, Neeps and Tatties for my birthday, but Haggis at any time is fine by me.
[/quote]
Well done you and Robbie. Scot's connections always come in handy and yes haggis for me anytime as well. I put carrot with my neep and mash it - adds a bit of sweetness :D
Kojak - that is hard cheese you missed your moment. Bet the lassies were round you anyway giving care and succour!!
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

burns night

Postby plee » 31 Jan 2014, 13:22

Freinds and I cooked a burns night supper a couple of years ago for about 30 people... I cannot say I am a fan of the food - but the Caleigh and whiskey was great.
I also live quite close to Allendale Kojak and go to watch the tar barrels on new years eve when I am around. Its very dramatic, the last year was really windy which made it all the more exciting.
plee
Symi Visitor
Symi Visitor

burns night

Postby Kojak » 31 Jan 2014, 15:36

I've done the tar barrels many times, Plee - in all weathers lol.
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

burns night

Postby Oor Willie » 15 Feb 2014, 00:01

Played at the Cumbernauld High School Burns Supper last night we were definitely in exalted company Liz Lochead Scotland's National Poet or "Maker^ proposed the Immortal Memory and noted Burns scholar Patrick Scott Hogg spoke about Burns the song collector very high level stuff but we soon brought them back down to earth. LOL
Oor Willie
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

burns night

Postby snoopy2 » 16 Feb 2014, 10:12

:) Jings and help ma boab Oor Willie - exalted company indeed but i would have thought Liz Lochead wouldn't have had far to come down. She always strikes me as pretty down to earth!! Anyway - a Burns supper indeed :)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Off Topic