sun is rising!!

Chat about anything else

sun is rising!!

Postby snoopy2 » 04 Mar 2014, 11:27

:D On a 'bright' note - spring must be on its way and the sun must be getting higher and stronger as my garden solar lights are twinkling on at dusk and glow away for a couple of hours each night. Here - in almost the Arctic Circle it is a sure and good sign spring is on its way! Is that not a cheery thought :D
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

sun is rising!!

Postby Olga » 04 Mar 2014, 19:52

Very Cheery Snoopy2, Here in the North East we have bulbs sprouting in the back yard pots, and its light by seven A.M.so I'm feeling cheerier by the day.
Helped of course by the thought that its only 9 weeks till we will be back on Symi.
Olga
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

sun is rising!!

Postby Kojak » 04 Mar 2014, 20:00

That yellow thing was shining today also - a rare sight lately. I'm also counting the weeks Olga, arrive on Symi on 9th May. :D :D :D :D

Another senior moment strikes. It's the 14th May I arrive on Symi!
Kojak
Inveterate Visitor
Inveterate Visitor

sun is rising!!

Postby snoopy2 » 05 Mar 2014, 15:06

[quote="Olga"]

Very Cheery Snoopy2, Here in the North East we have bulbs sprouting in the back yard pots, and its light by seven A.M.so I'm feeling cheerier by the day.
Helped of course by the thought that its only 9 weeks till we will be back on Symi.
[/quote]
8-) Glad you were cheered by the post Olga. By my reckoning spring is about four weeks ahead of itself here in n.e. Scotland!!! Putting it down to a very mild winter but other factors must come in to play!!
Wish i was off to Symi in 9 weeks - carry your bags ma'am? :)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

sun is rising!!

Postby sugardens » 05 Mar 2014, 19:41

8-) 8-) Very Spring-like here in the West Country. Lots of flowers and amazing skies! Rumour has it we're going to see the heating turned up in the next few days. But I'm setting my sights on Symi again as my lovely hubby has treated me (for our Silver wedding anniversary) to 2 months there starting middle of April! Whoopee!! :D :D
sugardens
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

sun is rising!!

Postby snoopy2 » 06 Mar 2014, 15:07

[quote="sugardens"]

8-) 8-) Very Spring-like here in the West Country. Lots of flowers and amazing skies! Rumour has it we're going to see the heating turned up in the next few days. But I'm setting my sights on Symi again as my lovely hubby has treated me (for our Silver wedding anniversary) to 2 months there starting middle of April! Whoopee!! :D :D
[/quote]
:D :o :oops: :D HEAVENS TO MERCATROID - You are one lucky lady :D 8-) :)
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

sun is rising!!

Postby Olga » 08 Mar 2014, 18:13

Wow two months, green with envy.
Have you seen the Northern Lights up your way Snoopy2, we have been having great showings down the NE coast over the last few weeks. However they were a bit diluted by the glow given off by Newcastle, needed to be further up on the Durham dales where its really dark to get the best sights.
Olga
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

sun is rising!!

Postby snoopy2 » 21 May 2014, 08:41

Hi Olga - sorry for delay in responding to your entry. No - blast I missed the northern lights. Another year hopefully as this coastal village has little pollution and so easier to see them. Computer been down and now lap top which is not nearly so user friendly.
snoopy2
Persistent Visitor
Persistent Visitor

Return to Off Topic