Hello!

Chat about anything else

Re: Hello!

Postby Fullenglish » 18 Dec 2016, 15:26

Hello,
My name is Phil and I'm married to a Swiss lady called Anne-Lise. We live in Loughton, Essex. We first visited Symi last year and we are booked to go back in June this next year. There's something about that place that makes you want to go back.
We regularly go to Switzerland about 3 times a year as well to see family. We are both retired which I consider a full time occupation , making wine, going to the gym, playing my guitar, learning french, walking my boxer dog and part of a very active church.
Merry Christmas to you!

Phil (Fullenglish)
Fullenglish
Super Visitor
Super Visitor

Postby Mimi » 21 Jul 2017, 20:16

A small introduction.

We're from the Netherlands and have been spending our holidays on Kos since '97. We missed a few years after we had our daughter, but have been back at it for three years now :D The hotel where we stayed in the past was sold and the people (all family) that worked there scattered over Kos and some went back to Symi. Last year we visited our Greek friends that moved back to Symi and we fell in love with Symi. We didn't spend much time in yialos and none in chorio, but hope to correct that when we visit again this year. Last year we had only two full days on Symi, this year we will stay a little longer. We will be staying in the monastary at Panormitis, which is absolutely wonderful. The peace and quiet there is really soothing, especially after the busy traffic on Kos. I'm not a religious person, but the place has a certain quality I can't explain.

I have been reading here since last year, as I was looking for information because we were heading in unknown territories ;)
Mimi
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Postby Pollychops » 10 Aug 2017, 18:36

We are Kim and David, Pollychops was our dear old cat. We now have George and Agnes our two westies who keep us very busy. We just came across this post so here we are. Kim works in Law and I design Commercial Offices of which we have been doing this far too long. We live in Epping and escape to our North Norfolk bolthole at the weekends to be by the sea. Kim is an Epping lass and I began Iife on the outskirts of Glasgow and packed my rucksack and moved to Buckinghamshire back in 83 as a young 21 year old. I then met Kim and moved eastwards to Epping. We came across Symi by chance and for two people who have always said no more than two times to the same place we have been seven times. We prefer to stay up top and for the last four visits we go it alone and book direct. It ticks all of the boxes for us as a quiet, beautiful destination with no hassle which is what we need to calm down our busy working lives. Our favourite places are Symi, St Ives Cornwall and all of the North Norfolk coastline. We don't think we need anywhere else but who knows, never say never.
Pollychops
Senior Visitor
Senior Visitor

Previous

Return to Off Topic